1. Y

The gates to the palace slide open on their own as I approach with Jimin close behind. Our steps echo against the tall walls and marble flooring as we make our way through the empty halls to the throne room where Hoseok is patiently waiting for us. The palace gives off a mighty feeling and even Jimin who is usually very talkative is quiet for once. The silence makes me lose myself in my thoughts and I can't help but wonder if Hoseok ever gets lonely when he's always holed up in this barren palace all day. There's no need for him to have other angels around him, but maybe it would be nice with some company? Angels are pack creatures after all.

We reach the throne room and the sun shines in through the stained glass of the window, painting the white floor with a beautiful picture of the countless flowers that can be found all throughout Heaven. Hoseok stands up the moment he spots us at the door and smiles happily. His blinding smile complements the rest of his divine appearance. Everything from his long golden hair to his kind green eyes, pink lips and slender fingers is as perfect as anyone could be. I feel honored that so many think I resemble him both in appearance and work ethic, but I can't say that I fully agree. My hair is not nearly as bright and smooth as his, in fact, mine is more of a light brown color and I can't seem to get the knots out of it. My eyes are indeed green as his, but somehow his seem more cheerful. While he's smooth and gracious, I'm more stiff and serious. It's what happens when you train to be a solider.

"Seokjin! Jimin! You're finally here!" Hoseok exclaims with joy and glides over the long, blue carpet to get to us.

We both quickly fall down on one knee with our heads down and wings folded to show our respects. Manners are important, especially in front of the leader of Heaven.

"Oh please, boys, I thought we were past this! You don't have to be so formal when we're the only ones here. Come on, stand up!" Hoseok watches us with an amused look as we get back up and relax in his presence. "There, that's better. It feels like it's been years since I last saw the two of you. You've grown so much." He cuddles my cheeks with a pout and I gently remove his hands.

"It's been five days," I inform him with a small sigh. For having the highest title in all of Heaven he acts very much like a child sometimes.

"I know, but that won't stop me from missing you, my little baby! You too, Jimin," Hoseok says and moves on to his next victim of cheek-squeezing.

"It's good to see you too, Hoseok," he kindly responds and lets him have his way with his plump cheeks.

"I assume you called us here for a reason?" I ask to try and get to the point of our appointment.

Hoseok immediately lets go of my best friend's face with a more serious expression. It's a big contrast to his otherwise joyful aura and I feel a tiny bit intimidated. It's rare for him to look like that.

"Yes, actually I need you two to do something. Remember how I told you about the nightmares I've been having about the portal?"

"About something bad happening there?" Jimin asks and Hoseok nods affirmatively.

"Exactly. I still can't make out any details, but lately the dreams have become stronger and at this point there's no doubt in my mind that something of great importance will happen there. It could just be superstition, but I'd like you two to go there and make sure everything is in order when the portal opens."

Jimin and I look at each other with troubled expressions. Hoseok's dreams have never been wrong before and it could be dangerous if the two of us go there alone if something indeed were to happen. After all, his intuition is what made him the leader of Heaven in the first place.

"I don't mean to oppose your orders, but wouldn't it be better to send a group of soldiers instead?"

Hoseok firmly shakes his head.