[Blue]

I was fighting, fighting for my life. All I have ever done is fight. Fighting was the first thing I remember doing and with my flimsy, human body, I couldn't do much. Oh how I wish I was one of those strange androids I see battling the machines. That would make everything so much easier. Fighting was the first thing I remember and it was the last thing I remembered. The crimson gleam of a robotic eye and the downward swing of a rusted metal fist still lingered prominently in my mind.

-----

Something poked at my side.

"What is it? An android?" Came a feminine voice close to my ear.

"I don't know." A seemingly boyish male?

"If it is an android, why can I not repair it?" More poking. "It's squishy."

"Oh no. 2B, it's moving." 2B? What sort of name is that? I stirred, pushing my arm behind my back, it scraping against the cold grass beneath me. I opened my eyes slowly, a mystic, almost holographic blue light filling my vision. I jumped back slightly, a girl coming into view. Those were her eyes? The girl watched me with a single eyebrow raised and an 'o' shaped mouth, that or which she seemed to have a small spot of darker skin beside. A beauty mark? She is incredibly pretty...

"Oh, sorry for startling you." The girl said. I turned my shaky gaze to the boy, who was positioned far from me, holding the handle of what seemed to be a katana tightly.

"2B... be careful..." The boy said. I couldn't see his expression, as the upper half of his face was shielded by a black blindfold, his pristine, white hair, which was the same colour as the females, falling loosely over the top. He seemed to clench his jaw after he noticed I was staring. "What is it?"

"I don't know." The girl watched me intently, before she suddenly jumped, as though realizing something and slid her blindfold on too.

"Um... who are you?" I managed to squeak, keeping my voice barely audible.

"We are YoRHa units, androids." The girl stated, watching me now with the blindfold covering her eyes, however possible that is.

"What are your names...?"

"I am YoRHa unit 2B, and this is my partner, YoRHa unit 9S." What strange names... what strange people... androids... aren't they the ones I've been hearing about? "If you don't mind me asking but, what are you?"

"2B! Don't be so insensitive!"

"I-I'm a human..?"

"A human?" 9S repeated, approaching me quickly, crouching beside 2B. "But I thought that all remaining humans were deployed to the bunker?"

"Bunker..?" I repeated, managing to sit myself up properly, despite the searing pain in my left temple. "Wait... what happened before I you found me?"

"I saw a body and was hoping to repair it, but there was a hostile Machine close to you, so we took it out. Are you... bleeding?" 2B decided to lay her cold fingers onto my forehead, the area burned under the contact, yet her touch seemed almost... human.

"Ah!" I let out a hiss of pain before 2B brought her gloved hand back. Now that I took notice, the two of them were wearing clothes that I had never seen before. 2B seemed to adorn herself in a black dress, an opening at one side, probably allowing fluid movement, a white leotard peeking out. The dress sleeves reached down to her elbows and then dispersed into what resembled feathers, white gloved then covered the rest of her arm, leaving her slender fingers bare. Thigh high black boots surprised me, I didn't think it was possible to fight in heels. Her chin length colourless hair wavered in the wind, an onyx headband wrapping around her skull