(Y/n) woke with a start,  his dreams filled with nothing but nightmares.

"(Y/N)! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE AND CLEAN THE DISHES!" (Y/n)'s father screamed.

(Y/n) sighed, a emotionally drained sigh.

(Y/n) got off his bed, standing up and stretching his arms over his head.

"(Y/N)!" (Y/n) rolled his eyes, "COMING!" he yelled back, checking his phone, quirking a eyebrow at the notifications.

He shrugged, running down the hallway, slowing to a walk, putting on a neutral face and walking down the stairs.

He walked into the living room, turning and walking into the kitchen where his sister and parents sat.

"Good morning." (Y/n) said, smiling as he kissed the top of his sister's head.

"Good morning!" She replied.

'So enthusiastic'

(Y/n) just smiled in return, about to walk into the kitchen but stopping when his mother called out to him.

"What are we? Chopped liver?" Her high pitched voice made (Y/n) cringe, the sass making itself present.

"Yes, considering you've never done shit for anyone except yoursel-!"

Skin meeting skin echoed throughout the house. A large red handprint present on (Y/n)'s face, already bruising.

(Y/n)'s surprised face was quick to disappear, turning into a glare.

"YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO YOUR MOTHER THAT WAY!" (Y/n)'s father said, his hand slowly being brought back to his side.

"Yua, please go to your room and get ready for the bus to take you, I'll be in there in a few minutes." (Y/n) said in a soft tone, keeping his hard glare on his father.

"Yes, big brother." Yua spoke softly, sliding off the chair and quietly walking up the stairs.

"Oh my goodness!" (Y/n)'s mother sobbed, her voice squealing like a pig to the slaughter.

(Y/n)'s father glared at (Y/n), before backing away and comforting (Y/n)'s mother.

"How could you say something like that to me! I thought I raised you better, (Y/n)!"

(Y/n) walked away from the pathetic scene, quickly washing the dishes and walking to his sister's room.

(Y/n) knocked on the door, "Can I come in?"

A confirmation was heard before he walked into the room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

On her bed sat Yua, struggling with her school tie.

(Y/n) quickly knelt down to Yua's level, concentrating on the school tie.

"Why does Mom and Dad hurt you?" Yua asked, looking down at her brother's hands.

(Y/n) paused, "Well, because I make them mad, I don't know how but I do. But it's okay, as long as you don't get hurt I will be fine." (Y/n) looked up at Yua, smiling before frowning.

"Why are you crying? Such a beautiful girl can't cry!" (Y/n) exclaimed, removing her tears, "Tell you what, if you stop crying right now, I'll play with you after school!" Yua nodded, wiping away her tears, hugging her brother.

"Promise?"

"I promise."