CHAPTER 4

November 1

I was starting to get used to Ciarán coming in so often. He was a nice light in this shit hole (to be fair I love this shit hole!). I kept wanting to get to know him, but he was always with people. Edgar was practically passed out in the corner, ever since his wife died he's become a drunk and I have to constantly confiscate his keys. I'm not letting him get into a crash. 

Almost as if on cue he came in. Every time I saw him the butterflies in my stomach would not stop. As he walked in he was alone. Hallelujah, it's about time. He smiled at me as he started to head towards a booth.

"Wait, Ciarán come sit at the counter." He looked over and I quickly ammended my statement. "Only if you want to." He let out a laugh before coming towards the counter. I smiled as the sat down and got him a sprite. 

"Hello, Ev." I felt like I was on Cloud 9. I barely even knew this guy, but I was falling for him hard. 

"Good morning, Ciarán!" I giggled as I watched him take a sip. "What's the reason you come here so often. The only people who come here more than you are the landscapers and poor Edgar over there." I gestured to Edgar passed out in a booth. 

"I'm an insomniac." I doubt it, he has almost no dark circles. "Also, is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's just mad I took his car keys. He always comes here after getting hammered and I'm not going to let him drive, y'know?" He nodded before taking a sip of his sprite.

"That's really sweet of you." 

"Thank you. I want to hear more about your music." He smiled again. I could tell he was excited. 

"Well I've been doing music for almost as long as I can remember. Then when I joined the band I moved to the US..." 

I could feel myself tuning him out and just hyper focusing on every one of his moments. I hated falling for people, but maybe he wouldn't be so bad.