10

Will had super powers, Nico swore on it. He chased Nico around the camp before catching him and marching back to the infirmary, nearly dragging the other boy along with him. He looked over his arm and drilled Nico for an hour before he was allowed to leave.

"It won't happen again Will I'm sorry, i fucked up the other night."

"I'm going to trust you on this one. But I'm checking on you every week or so just to make sure."

"My gods- fine."

"Take some ambrosia and stay for ten minutes. I have to go change Travis's bandages. I don't even know how he managed to get 12 birds to attack him." Will waved and left the room after grabbing supplies. Nico waited a few second until he was sure no one was around and got up and left quickly. He went to the arena and scrambled up the rock wall, burning his leg a bit. He sat on top, watching the everyone at camp go about what they were doing. He was still worrying over Leo. He tried to go to the bunker most days to check if he was okay. He had keeping Leo busy to take things off his mind, they had practiced sword skills for four hours the day before in a row. His arms were a bit sore today from not practicing as much. All of the sudden he heard screaming from near the entrance. He hurried down and ran over to the commotion.

Tom had a young demigod behind him, trying to get inside the camp, they were cornered by a manticore, smaller than usual, but still able to cause major harm. Nico ran outside with Percy and started trying to get the attention away from Tom and the kid. Percy tried to get at its tail but almost got swiped and had to run to its side. Nico tried to stab it near the ribs but it was able to dodge easily. A few Aries kids ran out to assist them and tried to help corner it against a tree.

"We need more people!" Percy cried over the yelling from the observing campers. Leo ran over and tried burning its tail but only achieved in causing it to knock over half the Aries kids helping. He ran back with the kids who couldn't keep fighting. "Nico! Call some skeletons!" Nico nodded and concentrated while they rest kept the manticore in relatively the same place. 7 skeletons climbed out of the ground and started attacking the manticore. Nico ran back to keep helping, stumbling a bit from the energy drained from calling the skeletons.

Percy, two Aries kids, Nico, and seven skeletons were able to reduce the manticore to dust after 12 minutes of trying to get stabs in. They all sighed and wiped their foreheads. The seven skeletons stayed where they were, swaying on their feet. Nico sent them back down and walked back into camp with everyone. Leo stopped him and nodded back outside.

"One of your guys didn't make it back down."

"Huh? Oh, weird it must've been to far away or something I think that happened once in New York or something." As he ran back the skeleton collapsed into a heap, he rolled his eyes and tried to send it back down. "My god your just bones it's not that hard to stay upright." He got closer. "Shit. Leo! Help me bury this one, he needs help getting back down." Leo jogged our after finding a shovel.

"Is it okay to be out here? I mean we're not in the camp." Nico just shrugged, Leo looked down and stumbled back.

"What? You've seen the warriors before." Leo didn't answer. He picked up the skeleton and ran back into camp with it. "What the fuck Leo?! That's nasty even for me!" He ran after the other boy. Leo made a beeline into the infirmary and dumped it on a bed. "What the fuck are you doing?" Leo had tears streaming down his face and pointed down.

"T-the c-clothes."

"The skeletons always have clothes, unless their ancient, the clothes don't decompose super fast."

"N-no, r-read it." Nico squinted his eyes and tried to read the writings Col and country was all he could read.

"Nico. Northwest Colorado cross country." Nicos eyes went wide and he pulled the hoodie off then skeletons head. Pure white hair and a face was revealed."

"Mika..."

"He..."

"Is he alive though? Is he breathing?" Mika's eyes were closed, and it was clear why he was thought to be a skeleton. He had already been small for his height from bad habits at home, but now he was almost unrecognizable. His clothes that had previously fit him looked like what an extra large outfit would look on Nico. Nico put a hand shakily out over the unconscious boy.

"H-he's alive. I can feel a bit of life left. I don't know how he got up up with the actual skeleton warriors though. Shit. We need Will. And Chiron. Stay with him Leo." Nico sprinted out of the room and around camp for the people he needed. Leo paced around anxiously, staring down at the barely alive boy on the bed. Nico made it back with four Apollo kids and Chiron. Him and Leo got kicked out and they sat outside for hours while everyone worked towards getting Mika in a somewhat stable condition. After almost four hours, Will came out and collapsed onto the ground next to the two, wiping his forehead.

"You can go in. He's sleeping and probably will be for at least two days. We got him back to a more stable stable and now we just need to get any sort of nutrition into him. I don't know what he went through but he's gonna need more than what I could ever do once he wakes up." Leo cocked an eyebrow for more at this, after bolting to his feet. "The scars, I don't even know what caused them, but there are different ones everywhere, it's so bad. I can't even partially heal some."

Leo took a deep breath and walked into the room. Nico nodded and slowly got to his feet. He nodded to Will and made his way to the door.

"Thank you."