~Chapter One~Rewrote

*Beep Beep Beep*, was the only thing I heard as soon as I woke up. As I lay there awake in misery, the scent of fox was outside of my door.

"Ronja! What are you doing!?" Shouted the big lump on the other side of the room.

"Gah! You're awake!?" Apparently Ronja was trying to be undetected by two massive felines, three if Addison was still asleep.

"Yep," I simply mumble into my pillow "we're awake." Knowing Ronja can hear me. "Great! Well get ready, we're going on a run!" Ronja who had the guts to wake up me and Leo this early.

"Ahhhh! Nooo! I'm dieing, I can't get out of bed! Leo overdramatized.

"Lily's making pancakes! The chocolate chip ones!" Addison yelled from what sounded like downstairs, who apparently was awake.

"I never agre-" I started as Leo cut me off.

"Really!? Ok I'm up!" Leo said, never realizing that I'm still in bed. As I was getting up out of bed I glared at Leo's back as he was leaving the room. I sighed in surrender as the morning light was washing across the wooden floor. Looking to my bedside table I noted that I needed to refill my water bottle. Glancing at the window and even considering jumping out, as I reluctantly grabbed my clothes bag a newspaper titled 'MONSTER WOLF PACK HEADING TOWARDS TIMBERLINE', was hiding underneath my bag. I chuckled about how dumb it sounded. Then I realized I had to get dressed and left for the bathroom.

~30 minutes later~it was full of complaints

I made pancakes and smoothies for everyone, as soon as they were done we would go on a run. But before we left I had to check our meat supply to see if I needed to go hunting. As I walked outside I could already smell the stench of fish, opening the cooler and I was astonished with the amount of fish sitting there. As I looked around the garage to grab the fish my eye drifted to a pair of heavy duty gloves. Walking over to the gloves I grabbed then and put them on. As soon as I put on them I picked up a fish and went inside.

"Who replaced the meat with fish?" I said calmly, hiding my anger. My eyes went straight to Jenaye, the troublemaker of the group. "Jenaye? Was it you?" I said like you would to a kid.

"Who said it was me?" Jenaye replies in a calm voice with a hint of laughter, so I know it's her.

"You're going hunting with Lily, Jenaye." Elizabeth but in before a fight could boil up.

"Lily's gunna kill Jenaye, Liz. Someone's got to go with them." Leo mumbled through his mouthful of pancakes. I growled at Leo and you could see the whites of his eyes.

Ronja blurted out "I'll go!" As everyone expected her to say.

"Fine, I guess me, Ronja, and Jenaye could go hunting together." I said in a monotone voice but adding some attitude with Jenaye.

"Great! Well let's go." Ronja pretty much yipped with excitement. 

518 words