Fatherhood Is Not Easy

Someone should have told him that fatherhood wasn't easy. No, even if someone had said something he wouldn't have listened since he would never believe that one day he would be a father. But life is a box of surprises and sometimes it leads you to unimaginable situations.

Shouta for example would never predict that in one of his and Hizashi's patrol after school would lead them to discover a lonely and abandoned baby with purple hair near an uninhabited building. After some research they discovered that the baby's parents weren't exactly qualified to raise him. The father was an imprisoned villain and the mother was the kind of person who wouldn't think twice in leaving the child alone so she could go to a party and drink all night.

It wasn't the baby's fault to be born in such an environment, so the least the heroes could do was to provide a better place for the infant. If someone asked Hizashi if he had got attached to the baby he would admit without even blinking while pointing to Shouta saying that even before they had the chance to talk about it Shouta was already researching about the legal procedures for adoption.

The papers were filed in a speed that only pro heroes would have been able to do. Soon enough both men were discovering the struggle of changing diapers and the wonder of seeing a little being taking their first steps. By the time the little one was able to babble papa and dada the proud parents were at the level where their mutual friends would constantly ask for updates on their little bundle of purple haired joy. The amount of time the kid would spend sleeping was so much that they wondered if the infant wasn't Aizawa's love child but everyone knew it how much he loves Yamada so the theory was just for fun.

Almost three years have passed and UA was about to start applying a new daycare system for pro heroes who had children. The news was a great relief for heroic parents who could be targeted because of their line of work. Pro heroes such as All Might and Endeavor were one of the first to enroll their little ones to the new daycare. Now they could leave their children in a safe environment while on patrols or fighting villains. Of course Eraserhead and Present Mic did the same with their Hitoshi and the first day of daycare was their present.

"Kids sure grown up too fast." Present Mic said with a sad voice and tears in his eyes. The three of them were walking the path to the daycare which was a small building next to the main edifice in the UA premises.

"Mic, stop. You're making Hitoshi nervous." Eraserhead commented while holding one of Hitoshi's hands. His husband looked at him with puppy eyes trying so find some comfort with the man.

"But it seems like yesterday he started to walk by himself and now we have to be separated for so long. You can't seriously tell me this isn't sad." Hizashi looked down to his son while holding his other hand. He could tell that he was also nervous to be in a new place without his parents.

"You're exaggerating. It's not like we are leaving him, we'll be back after school." By the time they got in front of the door to Hitoshi's class Aizawa bent down, so he could look at Hitoshi's eyes and noticed the boy was squeezing the end of his shirt's uniform. "Listen, Hitoshi. Hizashi and I will be back to pick you up in the afternoon. I know it's scary, but we will miss you too. We will do our best today, so we can go home early. Can you try to do your best for us too?" Hitoshi nodded his head while looking at his black haired dad. Then he hugged his blonde dad's leg as a way of saying goodbye after doing the same to his sleepy dad.

Eraserhead hated to admit but Mic was right. There was a little pain in his chest for having to leave his child in the care of someone other than his husband. He knew it was necessary, but he also couldn't contain his paternal side and not worry about the well-being of their little one. His son was a good boy, he couldn't help but worry about others being mean to him. Aizawa could only hope that his son's classmates would treat him well and not try to mistreat him.

"They sure are taking their time. They were supposed to be back already." Aizawa looked at his watch while asking himself why Hizashi hasn't returned with Hitoshi. It was late afternoon and he was organizing the class reports. He sent Hizashi to pick their son so they could go home together since he now only needed to take care of the papers in order to leave.

Midnight looked at her coworker and offered a warm reassuring smile. "I'm sure is nothing serious. Why don't you go and pick them up. I will finish the rest for you so you don't have to worry about a thing". Aizawa accepted his friend's offer and existed the teacher lounge walking to the daycare building while carrying his yellow sleeping bag in one of his arm.

When he approached the building he could see his husband next to a tall blonde man and two kids hugging each other in front of them. Shouta could recognize the man as the number 1 hero and assumed that the girl holding Hitoshi was his daughter. "Come on Izumi. You must let the little boy go". The tall man said trying to convince the little green haired girl.

"Noooo!" Izumi hugged Hitoshi tighter while pouting her mouth and letting small tears form in her emerald eyes. Hizashi was looking trouble while trying to decide the best way to separate the toddlers and don't make them cry.

"What is the problem here?"

"Hey, kitty. Sorry for being late, you see we kinda got a little problem here."

All Might was rubbing his hand behind his head as he tried to explain the situation to the other hero. "I'm sorry Eraser. It seems my daughter has become attached to her first friend and now the two of them don't want to be separated."

Yamada was gesturing while telling his dilemma. "They were playing together, and I was so happy to see Hitoshi has made his first friend. But when All Might arrived we told them that they had to say goodbye, they got upset and now they won't let go." Aizawa looked down to the toddlers and while he tried not to think how cute those two problem kids were he needed to come up with a solution.

"Izuchan"

"Hichan"

It was a lost cause. Those two small messy haired kids were so damn sweet while rubbing their faces in each other's hair. The three parents could feel the sugar rising in their blood when suddenly a small light bulb lit up over Aizawa's head. "Hitoshi, do you want to show your plush cat your new friend?" The kid nodded to his dad. "But it's at home. Why don't you bring tomorrow so you two can play?"

Eraser made eye contact with All Might who signed with a thumb up as if he understood what the parent was trying to do. "I'm sure Izumi would love to bring her plush bunny as well. Isn't it, Izumi?" The girl raised her head and looked at her dad as if she was trying to make a difficult decision.

"I can bring Mighty-chan?"

"Of course you can. You also want to tell mommy how was your day, am I right?" They had finally convinced the kids to separate from each other, even with some hesitation in them.

"Don't you want to say goodbye to your friend, Little listener?"

Hitoshi looked at Izumi. "Bye Zuchan" And waved his little hand towards her.

She approached him. "Bye bye Hichan" And gave him a little kiss on the cheek and before any of the parents could react she grabbed her papa's big hand and guided him towards the exit. "Let's go daddy."

Her dad still in shock made a mental note for himself to teach Izumi that boys were wolves and should be avoided at all cost even if they were just toddlers. Little did he know Izumi was only trying to mimic the way her mama would usually say goodbye to her daddy when he leaves for work, so he had some blame on that.