Wild Daycare

In a certain universe, society has advanced to a level where human beings not only have Quirks but also have animal characteristics. The beginning of such evolution was quite weird. All of a sudden woman started to give birth to baby animals and sometimes even man would get pregnant. Later those supposed little animals would grow and lose their animal form and become human, but they would keep some trait from their animal form they were born such as tail, ears or fangs.

This was how animal-quirk society started more than two hundred years ago. Now it no longer existed quirkless or non-animalistic people. Every human being has a Quirk and a animal trait as well, but before kids would demonstrate their quirk they first had to develop from their animal form to a human form. It usually takes 5 years for them to change from a pup to a human kid, so kindergartens looked like a petting zoo with a pretty wild diversity in species.

Yagi Toshinori has come to a specific daycare to pick a special someone. Anyone could notice his excited golden retriever tail wagging side to side while he walked the hall towards his son's classroom until he stopped by the big window that allowed anyone who walked by to watch those who were inside.

"Yo, Toshinori-san." Greeted the sleepy teacher with cat ears who has just exited the room.

"Tired as always, right, Aizawa-sensei."

"Stop that, we know each other for too long for you to start calling me that."

"I can't help it. You are looking after my offspring, you should be used to it by now."

"It's too weird. Do it when other parents are around, apart from that we are the same as before."

"If you insist, Shouta-san." Both men turned to look through the window.

"Have you come to pick your son up or you just gonna keep watching?"

"You see, it's been so long since I could have a day off work and I wanted to spend time with Izuku. By the way, I've been staring for a while but I can't seen to find him."

"Let's see, he should be... oh, he's right there."

When Toshinori looked closer he could see his little bunny son, what he didn't expect was that he would be cornered between a blonde wolf pup and a strange colored leopard pup.

"Shouta, what's happening over there?" He asked with a worried voice while trying not to panic.

"Oh, they? It seems like the leopard kid took an interest in your son. Izuku usually sticks to his wolf friend, but when Bakugou went to play with others while Izuku was taking a nap Todoroki snatched him and used as a hug pillow." Aizawa scrolled down his phone's photos until he found what he was looking for. "Here, I even have a picture."

Toshinori took the smartphone and when he looked at the picture his heart melted. It was a picture of a big white cat with red spots on his fur lying with a green fur rabbit between its paws. There was nothing predatory about it, just the sheer innocence of two puppies sleeping peacefully on a large pillow.

"Send it to me. NOW."

"You sure are a doting parent."

"Who can blame me? Izuku's fur is so soft when you touch it, the way his ears move and his short fluffy tail wiggles, you just want to squeeze it. Or when he gets shy and covers his eyes with his little paws while his ears bend, or when he bounces when he is excited, you can't tell me this isn't the cutest thing in the world!"

"Sure, but right now being cute is proving to be a big danger to himself." Aizawa said when he looked at the trio again.

When Toshinori checked he almost choked. Now the two large puppies were holding Izuku by the neck and tail while looking pissed off at each other. The poor little bunny was in the middle of a tug of war and none of his larger friends seemed to want to let him go.

"Oi, Aizawa! I don't think this kind of play is safe!"

"They sure are a bunch of problem kids. If they are like that now, I don't even want to imagine when they are older."

"How can you be so calm at a time like this?!"

Moments later Toshinori was able to leave the daycare with Izuku in one piece. He was still shaking a little after they got him out of the fight with the puppies bigger than him. Even if Izuku's expression was a little depressed with his droopy ears and teary eyes, Toshinori couldn't contain his own shaking with the scene in front of him. Seeing his baby bunny in a mini baby carrier with his pinky toe beans exposed was the definition of adorable.

"I'm sorry for being late, Young Izuku. How about I buy you carrot pudding on the way home?"

The little one quickly lifted his paws up and responded with an excited squeak. Toshinori had to hold his chest because of the squeeze he felt in his heart after seeing so much cuteness in front of him. The next day, he received a sequence of photos from Shouta of a peaceful Izuku eating his vegetables with a white and red blur behind him before being caught by a feline cub fleeing with a panic Izuku in his mouth from an angry wolf cub running after them, and with a message attached. 'Guess being cute doesn't seem to pay.'