eleven

"This is the first of the set of letters. If you are reading this please be sure to read it to Tide. Seeing as it is mandatory that she have this child, we are giving her and Newt 24 hours. If the child is not conceived within the time, I'm afraid we will have to send up the worst possible threats." I read and all eyes watched me but I didn't care.

They were threatening me!

"Well... Maybe we should vote..?" Someone suggested as Newt got over to me.

I looked up at him, he looked worried as ever.

"Alright, I want the Keepers and Tide coming into our meeting building in 10 alright?" Alby called and Newt wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, his touch was comforting and homey.

As the Gladers dispersed, I turned to look up at Newt. His brows were pinched together in concentration and he buried his head in my hair.

"I love you Tide." He whispered holding me tightly against him. His breath was hot against my skin and his touch was comforting.

"I love you to." I said softly into his chest and he rubbed my back before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"We have to get to the meeting." He whispered to me and took my hand leading me to the meeting building.

-

As we arrived in the meeting building hut, Newt sat me down in the front of the room standing behind me, his hands placed on my shoulders.

"Isn't it out choice?" I whispered to him leaning back into him, my head against his torso as he pressed a kiss to my hair.

"Partially, the keepers have a say in this as well so we'll just see what they have to say." His voice was calming as he ran his fingers through my hair.

Nodding, I sighed and closed my eyes as he started to rub my shoulders causing a faint moan to escape my lips.

"Like that?" He chuckled softly holding me close and pressed a kiss to my hair.

"Mhm" I mumbled relaxing against him, his fingers working their magic against my shoulders.

"Ahem" A masculine voice cleared his throat and I snapped out of my dazed moment. Looking up I saw Gally glaring at the two of us.

I would've done the same if I were him.

"Captain Gally here don't look to happy with you two shuck faces." Minho's voice echoed through the room as he entered, ducking as he waltzed in.

"Clearly." Newt muttered under his breath as a sigh escaped my lips and I sat up, Newt's hands still rested on my shoulders.

Within the next few minutes, other members of the Glade, all were Keepers according to Newt and Alby.

"Alright, we're here today to talk about Tide's situation here and we need an answer. We've got a little more than 23 hours left." Alby said as everyone took their seats forming a circle with Newt and I included.

"So I want to hear everyone's opinions on this topic before we vote. Winston, you wanna start?" Alby asked as he took the seat next to me whilst Newt sat on my other side in The last free chair.

Nodding, Winston looked over at Newt, then me and lastly Alby.

"Well I think that they should have the kid but it's really her decision in the end. I see why we would want her to since we're receiving threats but it's wrong to force her to do something like that." The keeper of the blood house said looking up at the two of us.

At least someone was on my side.

"Alright, Frypan." Alby said leaning forward so his elbows were pressing into his knees and his hands held his face looking bored out of his mind.

"No offense Newt or Tide but I think that you guys should have the kid. If they're going to send us threats I think that's best." The keeper of the cooks said looking at me somewhat sadly.

I just smiled and nodded letting him know I understand.

"Zart" Alby said from his seat still bored as ever.

"I think that she should have the baby. I mean come on, What's the harm? There's like 50 of us, I think we can all handle a little baby." The track-hoe keeper said not looking at anyone in particular.

"Ok, Gally." Alby said now sitting back in his chair.

"Well the two are already all lovey dovey around each-other, I think they'd be just fine having a kid." He said, annoyance clear in his deep voice.

"Clint"

"Well for starters, none of us know how to check if the baby is alright or not while he or she is inside of her and none of us know how to deliver a baby so we'd have to figure that out. Also, we'd need to figure out what she needs for the pregnancy so I don't think that's a good idea.... But go for it if it's what you want." He said looking over at me, a worried smile on his face.

"Minho" Alby called looking bored as ever.

"I think a baby is a horrid idea. Do any of you even know how to take care of one of those things? They cry and they're loud and annoying." Our keeper of runners announced clearly annoyed with the idea of a baby.

A muffled chuckle came from across the room and I glanced up to see that Winston had a hand over his mouth muffling his chuckles.

"Alright, nice to hear your opinion Minho." Alby said and rolled his eyes sitting up in his chair.

"So we're going to vote now- Yes for having the kid and no for not having the kid." Alby said and looked over at Winston wanting him to start.

"Yes"

"Yes"

"Yes"

"Mhm"

"No"

"No"

"Yes" Alby was the final voice leaving everyone knowing what the decision was.

There were only 2 no's.

I'm screwed.