ten

"ok, i know ricky is late sometimes... but he's never this late."

ashlyn went to respond to taryn's worry about the curly-headed boy but stopped when nini started basically yelling at e.j.

everyone stood outside the 'bomb shelter' like ms jenn liked to call it, due to something going on inside. taryn couldn't help but stare at nini and e.j., had something happened? nini seemed pretty pissed off with the pretty boy.

"nini found out that e.j. stole her phone and then deleted the voicemail ricky left her." ashlyn mumbled, knowing how confused taryn must've been.

taryn raised her eyebrows, "what is wrong with e.j.?"

"girl, i've been asking myself that question literally my entire life."

nini stepped away from e.j. and toward the group of theater kids, all who were extremely aware of the fact that the girl had just broken up with her boyfriend. talk about awkward.

"hey, is the door locked or something? why can't we get it?" she gestured toward the door to the bomb shelter.

"oh, natalie bagley's missing her emotional-support hamster. he got loose." ashlyn began to explain the situation, "carlos and gina are helping her find her. him. it?"

as if on cue, high-pitched screams came from the bomb-shelter, successfully startling everyone outside.

"what the hell?" taryn whispered to herself.

"i think they found it?"

natalie burst out of the bomb shelter, "i need a minute!"

the girl stormed down the hallway leaving everyone extremely confused.

"is he dead?" taryn questioned.

"no, now she thinks he's in her gym locker."

so why had there been screaming?

"why the screaming?" ashlyn spoke taryn's thoughts.

taryn made a mental note to thank the girl later.

"that was me. she stepped on my toe." carlos then turned to face everyone, "we're ready to begin people!"

everyone filed into the bomb shelter. it was only then that people started to realize that they were blocking a troy and gabriella scene, but ricky still wasn't there. that only meant that e.j. had to go on for the boy. talk about awkward?

taryn took a seat next to ashlyn and prepared herself for what was going to be the awkwardness that was this rehearsal. nini was pissed at e.j. and taryn knew that nini didn't play nice when she was mad.

"this is going to be painful." taryn whispered to ashlyn, causing the girl to laugh.

the two earned a glare from ms. jenn, causing them to laugh more, and then the teacher returned her attention to the two actors in front of her, "can you move a little closer?"

nini moved the slightest bit closer to e.j.

"little more?"

e.j. looked at the girl and moved closer as if he were begging her to cooperate.

"come on, guys, we're blocking this as a love story, not a SARS epidemic."

carlos noticed a chair out of place, "i think that chair was over there?"

nini walked over to the chair and picked it up. anything for her to get away from the boy she thought she loved.

"oh, i can move it over during the scene!"