Chapter 8

Everyone gathered around the Stone Table. Me and Lucy sat on one side of the cracked table. She leaned against my arm and I smiled warmly at her. She returned the smile and rested her head on my shoulder. Peter cleared his throat. "It's only a matter of time. Miraz' men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle." Reepicheep moved over to Peter. "What do you propose we do, Sire." Caspian and Peter both tried to answer at the same time. Caspian stopped to let Peter speak. "Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." I glanced between them before Caspian spoke up. "But that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle." Peter raised his hands in the air. "There's always a first time." Trumpkin spoke up. "We'll have the element of surprise." Caspian spoke next. "But we have the advantage here." Susan got up and stepped forward. "If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely." Peter glared at Susan before Trufflehunter spoke. "I, for one, feel safer underground." Peter turned to Caspian. "Look, I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb." Edmund finally spoke up from where he was sitting, causing Peter to turn around. "Yes, and if the Telmarines are smart, they'll just starve us out." A small voice spoke out. "We could collect nuts!" I tried not to laugh because of how serious everything was. Reepicheep spoke, with obvious annoyance in his voice. "Oh yes, and throw them at the Telmarines! ... Shut up!" He turned to Peter. "I think you know where I stand, Sire." Peter paused for a moment and then spoke to Glenstorm. "If I can get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Everyone was looking in his direction before he spoke. "Or die trying, my liege." Peter nodded before another voice spoke up, it was Lucy. "That's what I'm worried about." I turned my attention to her again before Peter spoke, clearly confused. "Sorry?" Lucy responded, frustrated. "Well, you're all acting like there are only two options: Dying here, or dying there." I looked at Peter and he didn't even seem to think about what Lucy said. "I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu." I glared at him but he didn't seem to care. "No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter." Peter frowned, upset once again. "I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." He turned away and walked off. I squeezed Lucy's hand and gave her a soft smile.

As I began to get up, Edmund walked over to me. He helped me down before offering to help Lucy. "I've got it." I smiled at Lucy and she looked between us before walking off. Edmund looked at me before speaking, "Well that was...." I smiled, "Interesting." Edmund frowned. "I was gonna say exhausting." I nodded, "Well, that too." He grabbed my hand. "Promise me you won't get into any trouble while we're gone." I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's hilarious Ed. I'm coming with." I tried to slip past him but he wrapped his arm around my waist. "You're staying here with Lucy." I frowned. "Is that an order?" He nodded. "I'm keeping you safe no matter what. Plus, you can protect Lucy. Who else would I want protecting her?" I smiled. "You should be glad that you came up with that answer. Otherwise, I wouldn't be speaking to you." He smirked confidently. "I know you can't stay away from me." My face got red and I jokingly pat him on the head. "Oh, you're adorable." The confident smirk left his face and he let go of me as I walked off.

I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. I lost motivation for this story years ago and never thought I'd continue it. I luckily just found the motivation! Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! More will be coming soon :)