Epilogue

"Yes!!!" Jane cried, beaming. My brother was down on one knee, ring box in one hand and Jane's hand in the other. He smiled, the widest smile I'd ever seen from him. Jane wiggled her left hand's fingers and Matt laughed, taking the ring and sliding it on to her ring finger. Jane squealed, pulling Matt up and hugging him, her baby bump curving his stomach in.

That day felt like ages ago, because they just welcomed their baby girl into the world! Daliah Chance (I got to pick the middle name) May, 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and already spoiled. We finally were allowed in to see her. She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen, with big, brown eyes, smiling at anything and anyone she saw.

It was a change of pace from the last time I'd been to the hospital.

Clay's father ended up passing away about two weeks after Clay's crash. I was there with Clay when he died, holding his hand through everything. I couldn't do much, but I was there. And Clay is doing much better. Since he was 18 by the time it happened (it was actually two days after his 18th birthday), Clay was free to live on his own. With money his father had left him he chose to finish high school with me at Mogermentry High, and will soon decide where he wants to go to college in the spring. And through it all, I knew I'd be there.

From the death of Mr. Walker to the life of Daliah, I was determined to be there through everything, and love everyone through it. Though it was hard seeing Clay fall apart the last time we were here a few months ago, the joy on his face when he got to hold Daliah was the most heartwarming thing I'd ever seen.

There have been so many adventures, and there still will be. Clay and I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our summer at the Tree, and the first semester of our senior year is over. We've gone on plenty of adventures, had plenty of laughs, and have lived our life to the full.

Matt now works full time at the auto shop and is making more money than his degree was projected to make him. Jane's parents have made no effort to step back into her life yet, but maybe after they see Daliah's beautiful face they will. Jane is working towards her PhD but now does college online to watch Daliah. How she has a newborn and is still acing all her classes is beyond me, but I am amazed at her for it.

As for me, I've been enjoying life with no clocks. It was like as soon as I learned the lesson of love they taught me, they just vanished. Finally, I was free to live life and enjoy it instead of always worrying about how to fix everything.

I know I don't have to be looking for anything.

I know I just have to let fate run its course.

I know where Eva is.

I'm right here, living life to the full.