🔥⚔️🔥

Duncan learned at a very early age that he could play with fire. He lived with his mother who was very abusive towards him, because of the loss of her husband. She had found Duncan on a cold night abandoned in a gold blanket, and decided he could be useful for the future. However, she took out her anguish of her husband leaving on Duncan by physically him and mentally abusing him. She called him ugly and worthless every single day.
     One day when Duncan was doing his chores, his mother came home drunk, and screamed at him. She reached out to slap Duncan but at this point, he had enough of her abuse, and grabbed her wrist to hold her back. She suddenly yelped and pulled away. Duncan looked to see he had burned her wrist. She immediately told him to get out of her house and called him an ugly spawn of hell.
     Duncan got a job as a blacksmith, seeing that fire would greatly help him in that area, but he hid his ability from others. He had been completely abandoned by his mother when he had shown her what he could do. Duncan eventually earned enough money to buy a small shed for himself in his village and thrived.
     However, as he grew, he realized that nobody else had special abilities like him. He prayed to the gods for an answer every day...and eventually, his wishes were granted. Zeus himself spoke to him and explained that Duncan had been lost as a baby, he was the son of Zeus and Hera. He was kidnapped by followers of Hades and put onto the Earth to die. When they finally found him, they didn't want to disturb him, because he seemed to have a good mother. However, Duncan explained his life on Earth was miserable and Zeus agreed to bring him back to where he belongs, his true family.