Chapter : 70

Misha's POV:

5:30 p.m!

I told Varun to come early but I'm sure that idiot must have slept for so long, that's the only reason why he is not here yet and not even answering my calls or messages. It's Siddhi's engagement, he should have been here since morning but because he said he can't make it here in the morning, I agreed and told him to come early however he didn't do that as well.

"Are you going to get ready? We are supposed to leave now." Aunty said coming to my room with her youngest daughter Jiya, who is in 5th grade. The engagement is going to start from 7 p.m, we were supposed to leave by now and here I was not fully ready yet. I was applying makeup but stopped doing that as well because I was not satisfied with my lipstick shade. I wanted it to be red, light red but it turned into a little darker red. I don't have any problem with this shade but I was not sure if it looked good or not.

"Should I wipe away this lipstick?" I asked aunty. She was ready already and looked so beautiful but as the saying goes, women are never completely satisfied with their look, they keep on checking it from time to time, she was doing the same.

"You didn't like it, so of course you should wipe it. Why are you even asking it?" She questioned. Yes, she was right. Why was I asking her.

"Or it is that you are waiting for someone to come and wipe it for you?" She asked with a wide malicious smile. She meant 'Varun' and the moment I heard her saying that, a felt a tight knot in my stomach and my whole body on fire.

Stop blushing Misha!

I heard a knock on door and so I turned to look at it and found Varun standing there. Wow! No, no wow! He is late, too late. I'm not talking to him. I turned to look back in the mirror however was not able to do that when I heard the most sweetest and my favourite voice, calling me.

"Mumma."

I immediately turned and saw Isha running towards me. Omg, so pretty. Unable to control my excitement, I went ahead and hugged her. She was wearing a Lehnga as well but in purple color. I know she will get irritated by it after sometime and will force us to change it but it looked so good on her, with those little golden bangles, a gold neck chain and small earrings. Even her sandals were golden. Her cute hairpin added to her cuteness. She looked best!

"My baby looks so pretty." I said as I broke the hug. She smiled showing her teeths and turned to look at Varun. Even I looked at him but once our eyes met, I turned my gaze immediately. He should know, I'm angry!

"Hi aunty." He greeted.

"Hello my dear. We were just talking about you." She said making my heart skip a beat.

"And what were you talking?" He asked and I felt my heart skip another beat.

"Misha need help with..."

"No." I said stopping her sentence in between. Thank god. If I wouldn't have stopped her, she would have definitely told him everything.

"Misha needed help with, what?" Varun inquired.

"People who don't come on time, should not know anything." I replied and went to the mirror taking Isha with me.

"Mumma water." She whined.

"Oh, So she is angry with you?" Aunty asked Varun.

"I guess so." Varun replied as if my ignorance didn't answered him already.

"Be careful, sometimes she gets very angry." Aunty said.

"It's ok. I now how to handle her." Varun replied proudly which caused me to shoot a glare at him. I'm not going to talk to him, no matter whatever he does!