-2-

The person that was holding you tried shaking you, but you still couldn't move, so it was useless. Eventually he picked you up and laid you onto one of the clinic's futons.

Then you could finally catch a glimpse of his face. You noticed his mouth opening, and deducted you were still deaf. He was looking you in the eyes and talking, but you didn't have the skill of lipreading. His blank expression never changed, nor did the dullness in his ocean blue eyes. He had spiky raven hair, partly tied into a ponytail, but his hair was still a mess. He wore a black outfit and the weird haori you noticed previously.

The young man suddenly stood up and left your field of view. After some minutes he appeared again, and shoved a paper to your face.

The paper said, "blink once for 'yes' and twice for 'no'. Do you understand?"

You read the notice, looked him in the eyes and blinked once. He nodded and took the paper back, scribbling something on it.

"can you hear me?"

You blinked twice — 'no'.

"are you a demon slayer?"

'no'

"is that white katana yours?"

You didn't know what to answer, so you just faced away and closed your eyes. Because technically, you still stole it, even though it was your father's. But you felt no regrets. It's not like he would be able to use it anymore, anyway.

A light slap on your cheek made you look up again.

"was the katana forged for you?"

'no'

"is the owner dead?"

'no'

The man took his paper back and just blankly stared at you for a while.

You wondered whether he was a demon slayer himself. He must have been — normal people don't know about the existence of demons.

Suddenly, your pinky finger twitched. You squeezed your eyes shut again and tried to move.  Slowly, you regained control over your fingers, then wrists and feet, then neck. From there it didn't take long before you could basically move however you wanted. The only limitation was that hell of a pain that still followed every muscle contraction you made.

You then realized you heard steps and your eyes shot up quickly. The man approached you and handed you a cup.

"Water," he stated.

You nodded and took the cup, drank it dry, still frowning because of the pain.

Looking around, you noticed the big hole in the wall, which was probably made by the demon. Then it hit you.

'The patients!'

You swiftly turned your head, and sighed in relief when you saw all four of them awake, sitting on their respective futons, watching you in silence. Aside from the broken wall, there was no sign of demons here. And your horrible feeling you had before the attack was gone too.

After your heartbeat calmed down, you pushed yourself up from the futon you were on and tried standing up but stumbled and nearly fell, yet you managed to keep the balance. You rushed towards the patients.

None of them said anything, so you assumed they were pretty much still in a shock. After all, you never disclosed your swordsmanship skills to anyone. Hell, even Mr. Fujinawa didn't know. You couldn't have told him the details, right, because the demons officially 'do not exist'.

You knelt before the four patients.

"Did any of you get injured now?" you asked.

They all shook their heads slowly. You were relieved.