five

"Try to stay still okay?" I nodded as I glanced around me, the machine encasing me completely. I'd never seen one of these, the guys never had to have one and if they did I never followed them along. "This is going to be loud."

A horrible clicking filled the air, causing me to flinch back as I whimpered. A crackling filled the air as Marc's voice hit me, his words soft as he tried to soothe me. "It's okay love, it'll be over soon."

It definitely wasn't over soon, or at least it didn't feel like it. I was in that tiny space for what felt like forever, trying to count the seconds in my head before I'd mess up and have to start over again.

I sat in an office belonging to some doctor Marc knew, alone while Marc went to the cafeteria. I knew in my head they promised one person would be with me always, but then Marc heard there were brownies in the cafeteria and his leg kept bouncing so I asked him to get me one.

And just like that he was gone, suddenly having a reason to really get himself brownies and here I was alone in that blonde mans office all alone.

I glanced around, pulling my lip in between my teeth when the door opened and the blonde nurse from before came in. The light still shimmered behind her, fading in and out as it showed me flashes of a woman with blonde hair that looked a lot like the girl before me. I stared at the shimmer, the light, while the blonde simply stared at me.

"Are you going to ask me a question?" I spoke up, drawing my eyes away from the knowing green ones.

"Is she, is she really here?" I nodded, watching her move to the big desk and sit behind it. She stared at me hard, fear and wariness written all across her face. "Does she say anything?"

I glanced to her, a soft hum filling my head. I wrinkled my face as the humming grew louder, shaking my head no as the humming took on more of a back burner.

"She's just humming right now, loudly." She looked sad as I wrinkled my face even harder as the humming grew. I was vaguely aware of the door now opening, my head ducking between my legs as my hands held my ears.

The humming grew, and grew, and grew. I made a noise, between yelling and groaning as it hurt. I glanced up, her guardian in full view as she stared at me sadly. She reached down, touching my face, and just like that I was transported.

A man, a handsome man stared at her. Watching her, with a look in his eye that terrified me. Melody didn't notice, her focus on something in a window. He moved quick, standing behind her before it all shifted.

The grunts and cries filled the air, my eyes wide as I saw her raped. Her screaming, begging, and him just telling her to shut up.

Her giving birth alone, before the baby was ripped from her hands.

Her being pushed over a bridge by a woman that looked so unhinged it terrified me.

It was like I was in a haze, a million memories flitting across my eyes as I watched it. A heartache settling into my chest as I watched this woman live such a short life before she died.

I came out with a heaving gasp, my eyes terrified as I felt hands on me. My eyes flickered everywhere before finally being welcomed into Axels warm ones. He stood in front of me, crouched, his hands cupping my face as I breathed heavily.

"She, I saw, oh my god." I could barely speak as I stared at him, tears pouring down my face as I felt a sob bubble up. I flew forward, burying my face into his neck as I sobbed.

I felt another body cover me, stroking my hair as a million smells assaulted me. I glanced up, mismatched eyes watching me with fear laced through them. Corey stood holding Ravens hand, the office feeling rather cramped as I glanced around.

The blonde stood back, staring at me warily. I glanced away quickly, rubbing at my face harsher than I should've. I sat back in my chair, the blonde doctor and suit man arriving just as I glanced back to her. She was afraid of me, I could see it in the wary movements she made.

"I'm sorry, your mother, she showed me a lot. Too much, and it scared me." I'd never seen someone's history, someone's memory like that.

I felt harsh eyes on me, my own meeting silver eyes filled with anger and resentment. Maybe he resented me for seeing her instead of his mother's, or hurting her. Either way, his eyes scared me in this moment and it caused my to step away slightly.

"I –" That's all I got out before I felt my molecules slip, my body flickering in and out as I backed up farther and farther. I grit my teeth as I turned and ran, not liking that I was doing this.

This wasn't who I was, I was badass and not afraid of anything and yet here I was. Hiding in the stairwell like I was meek, and feeble. My molecules kept changing, I'd begin slipping between being in the stairs and on top of the stairs. That's where Brandon found me, his eyes softer than I ever thought they could be.

"I don't know what name you chose, so I'm not sure what to call you." He murmured as he picked me up gently, placing me in his lap. My molecules stayed still, his warmth wanting to lull me to sleep. I blatantly tucked my head into the nape of his neck, the smell of whiskey and oak surrounding me.

"Elizabeth, I chose Elizabeth." I felt him chuckle, his hand gently petting my hair. I smiled, feeling him pick me up and press me against him. I lulled in that in between, sleeping and awake, the air changing to even colder as I felt him go deeper within the building.

"I found her, I think she fell asleep." He spoke softly, clutching me tighter than I expected him to.

"We're leaving and taking her with us, what you two did to her will never happen again. This is new to her, she deserves more than this." Axel spoke strongly, the sound fading as Brandon took me out the hospital quickly.

The ride home was quiet, my body being placed in a bed within a dark room. I took a deep inhale, a small smile coming onto my face as I realized this was Brandens room. It grew when the bed dipped, his body far from my own but close enough that I felt his warmth.

Life wasn't so bad after all.