Take Over, Pt.1

It seemed everything was falling back into place. I had returned to the militia and reclaimed my station earlier this week, and have since then led three covert missions. The rekindling had brought the depression I constantly struggled with to rest, and in another light, gave me some self-purpose again. Yet, there still wasn't any advances towards Eren's case, which continued to lock me on edge. I had to fight the anxiety somehow, peeling myself open to the idea of sole meditation. Hange had recommended it a while ago, but it wasn't until recently I found myself exercising this tactic in nearly every possible venue.

And so I sat there, in the safe house, my mind lost to the outside world. And lost I was, in a corner, eyes shut, legs crossed, isolated in my own little dark cave. Surely I couldn't feel the pick of scouts with me in the lobby, until she walked in. Her sheer presence cursed my tranquility like a plague spread across my riddled mind. I slipped an eye open, studying her as she trotted down the entrance. Her chest heaved, head bobbing side to side, as if she were looking for someone in a rush. Then her eyes dropped on me, her posture suddenly squeezed tight. She flashed me a cold glare, and I responded with no expression.

Mikasa, I've been trying to avoid her all day. It wasn't the best of ideas to even have her on my team, but the commander insisted. As she approached me, I felt a chill run up my neck, and then she'd stop by my planted lotus on hard wood floor. The shrew looked down at me as she adjusted her Omni gear, reporting,

"Four, fifteen meters tall, south side."

I sighed indifferently, got up, and dusted off my knees. By the time I looked back up, she had me facing her back as she motioned forward.

"I haven't given you your orders yet."

"I can take care of them myself. Don't bother."

Out in an open field, far beyond city limits—I can do away with her right here, right now, and no one would ask questions. She was killed in battle, convincing enough.

I scoffed, the idea merely grazing my mind, and just as quickly, escaped my thoughts. There's too many witnesses, after all.

Such a spiteful bitch. I felt her plotting against me at every turn. Not too low bred enough to crawl beneath all angles to ruin someone for the sake of revenge. She had attempted to once before, but I highly doubt this attempt at being a one man army would convince anyone to rethinking my status. If she wished to be so bold, why not allow her? It only enforced more man power for other stations. In fact, she may be making me look that much better at my post.

But that night, the night we were guests in the Hausenberch estate, she motioned to make a fool out of herself, a fool out of us all. She nearly costed us funding for our militia when the masses refused to support a dying cause. Mikasa... so bent on winning Eren's admiration and attention that she would go to such lengths.

Sent a sickening feeling in my gut...