Part 26

I woke up and checked my phone. It was 9.30 am and there were no messages from Liam. Sitting in my bed, I stared at it fighting off the urge to contact him. He had made it clear that he wanted space. Slowly getting out of bed I reached for the door knob. I did not want to run into Jenna as I quickly grabbed some orange juice but my stupid door creaked. I did not want her to worry about me and one look at me, she would know what was going on in my mind. So I was trying to be discreet. It was not as if I could have gone unseen since Jenna was sitting at the island having cereal. Instantly she looked at me and said, 'Good morning. Want some breakfast?'

Grabbing the carton of orange juice from the refrigerator, I took a seat next to her. 'Got it right here.' I said shaking the juice carton.

'That? Really?' she asked pointing her spoon at the juice box.

'Mmm hmm,' I said taking a few sips from the box. Putting down the juice and apologetically looking at her I said, 'Sorry about yesterday.'

She shrugged as if to convey she didn't know what I was talking about.

'You and Nick met for the first time and I messed it up.'

'No, you didn't.' She stopped to take a look at me.

I knew she was worried about me so I turned around and said, 'I'm okay you need not worry. Liam...Well Liam needs some time and space to think about us. So I am giving him that.'

'Okay,' she said in an understanding tone.

'I am going back into my room and just taking a nap okay?' I said walking back to my room. I sat down on my bed. Pulling my laptop on to my lap I began typing again. I had to get the story done. It was the root of all my problems...I had two men in my life, I was distracted, everything I wrote came true... and besides I had nothing else to do. I had to get rid of one of them (not rid like murder rid. I am not a psychopath. But rid like dump) in my story and hopefully it will simplify my life.

After a lot of thinking about how I wanted the story to end and getting a little writing done, I pushed aside my laptop. I just let myself fall back on my bed and stared at the ceiling for sometime. Reaching for my phone, checked for messages from Liam. There was nothing on it so I went back to staring at the ceiling. I was thankful that Jenna gave me space while still being there for me. Soon I was jumbling my thoughts and my eyelids began dropping. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

Pangs of hunger woke me up. Walking out of my room, I reached directly for the refrigerator hoping to find something. I was still busy looking when a voice came from behind me, 'You hungry?'

'Oh god!' I said startling and turning around to see Aiden near the counter.

'Sorry, didn't mean to startle you.'

'I just didn't expect you.' I said closing the refrigerator.

'I have got some Chinese food in the living room if you are hungry.' He said pointing out boxes laid out on the center table.

'I'm famished,' I said walking past him and grabbing a box of chow mein. 'Where is Jenna?' I asked as I sat down.

'Nick and Jenna are out to grab lunch. She was worried about you so I said I would stay here with you.'

'So you were assigned baby sitting duty.' I was mumbling between mouthfuls.

He half opened his mouth to say something but instantly shut it and had a tiny smile break out instead.

'What are you smiling about? You wanted to say something, so just say it.'

'I wanted to say I'm not on baby sitting duty but on babe sitting duty.' He laughed out loud as he sat down beside me.