Ninjago x Reader~The Girl and The Demon (Chapter 16 )

Hello everyone! I apologize for the VERY late update! Hope you guys enjoy this new chapter! 

Here's a recommendation song for this chapter! Huehue...You can play it from the start! (๑>ᴗ<๑)

No one's POV

Garmadon and Lloyd made their way to the other side of Kai's bed. "It is time for me to inform you of (Y/n)'s condition. Though I prefer for her to tell you herself."

Kai changes his attention to Garmadon, "What is it, Sensei?"

He sighs before continuing his explanation, "She's fading. Chen holds the other half of her elemental essence."

Jay frowned hearing Chen's name mentioned, "Does that mean the same thing will happen to Cole and the rest too?"

Garmadon shakes his head, "No, if you realized, Cole and the rest of the elemental masters were stripped off of their powers fully whereas (Y/n) was taken half."

Kai nodded in understanding, "But how did it affect her differently?"

"I'm getting there. Do you remember how she attained her elemental power?" Garmadon asked.

Jay replied, "Oh, oh! She got it from a stone. Sensei Wu mentioned its name before, what was it again?" He pondered.

Lloyd joins in the conversation, "The Black Jet, that's what it was called."

Garmadon nodded, "Yes, meaning, it wasn't passed down to her. Instead, her body was adaptable enough for the element to absorb into, which fused with her own existence."

Kai voiced out his opinion, "Which means, stripping her power equals to killing her!" Reality kicked in when they realized the danger she is in. Kai continued, "Even then, she still went over the bar to help us, knowing she could be gone any second."

Jay held on to (Y/n)'s left hand. "She's so selfless...even after all this time."

He then suddenly shuddered, "Nya's gonna kill me for not protecting her well." Kai followed suit, "Not before she got to me first..." Both shuddered in fear as they predict their future.

"Oh yeah! Sensei, Neuro seems to know more about her situation than us! Why did he panic when (Y/n) was trying to fuse with her Oni?" Jay asked, raising his eyebrow.

Garmadon tightened his lips. "It's better if you hear this from (Y/n) herself."

Lloyd sigh, "Can't you just tell us, dad? You can't keep us in the dark forever."

Garmadon hesitated before continuing, "Alright...." Using his elemental power, he makes projectile images. One of them holds a similar resemblance to (Y/n).

Garmadon began his explanation, "Fusing with her Oni with an incomplete element will not enable her to use her elemental power at its best." The image shows (Y/n) with a lighter color.

Jay raised his eyebrow, "That doesn't sound so bad. Once she got her element back, she can kick Chen's butt!" said Jay while popping his knuckles.

Perplexed emotions are written all over Garmadon's face. Jay expression falls, "She will be fine....right?" Garmadon gazes down before continuing, "Yes, she will...if her Oni is still present." The ninjas furrowed their eyebrows.

Lloyd breaks the silence, "What do you mean, dad?" Garmadon makes another darker figure using his element and put it side to side with (Y/n).

"(O/n) holds most part of the element. He/she balances out the element in (Y/n)'s body, in exchange, (Y/n)'s goodwill keeps his/her sanity in check. Both are two of the same person." The figures combined into a Ying and Yang. Garmadon frown, "(Y/n) used the last of (O/n)'s element to save you, Lloyd." As if on cue, the projectile crumbles into ashes. "She's vulnerable now..." Garmadon said, arms falling back to his side.

Lloyd froze, his eyes widen before lowering his head. "I'll protect her... I'll protect her even if it's the last thing I do." He looks forward with a newfound purpose.

~Meanwhile underground~

Cole sweated with focus as he draws the tunnels that he explored with Zane, only to crumple the paper and toss it to who knows where. "Gahhh! I can't focus! (Y/n) disappeared for some reason, she must've been in trouble! What if she's hurt??" Cole said as he paces back and forth in front of the cookie maker, a half-eaten cookie in his hand. 

Zane put a hand on his shoulder, "She can survive all these years without us, Cole. If there's anyone who can do it, it'll be (Y/n). Let's trust her to come back to us safe and sound." Zane gives a small smile of confidence, and that's enough for Cole to break into a big grin. 

"You're right, Zane." Cole stands before all the other elemental masters who lost their powers. "Let's bust our butt out of here guys!" The others cheers.

~Back in Kai's room~

(Y/n)'s eyes flutter open, slowly adjusting to her surrounding. The previous event still fresh in her mind. "I remember... I burnt my back. That explains why I'm on my stomach right now."  She tries to reposition herself into a more comfortable side, wincing due to the burn behind her back when her fingertips graze something...or someone.

Turning ever so slowly, she faced the said person. "Lloyd..." whispering to herself, she hesitantly cupped his cheek. Unbeknownst to this action, he leans into the warmth of (Y/n)'s hand. Lloyd is asleep beside her without his usual worrisome expression. She smiles softly, "He looks more like himself years ago when he sleeps...when there's not much burden he has to carry." (Y/n) laid back down to her original position, facing the sleeping ninja. She traces Lloyd sleeping face with a melancholy feeling. "I wish I could share your burden, Lloyd..." Her thumb hover above his lips.

"I wonder..." Shuffling closer, she lightly kiss him and pull back. Red hues crawl across her face for her previous action. "I shouldn't have done that..." Lloyd smiles in his sleep, "...but I don't regret doing it." (Y/n) smiles and rests her forehead on Lloyd's. "I'll make sure you don't go into that path Lloyd, I promised." Silently giving herself an oath, she pulls away from his warmth and disappear into the night. 

Little did she knows, she had an audience. Garmadon is standing behind a pillar with his palm close on Jay's mouth as to keep him quiet. A genuine smile on his face, while Jay is a blushing mess after witnessing the intimate view of his fellow ninjas.