2. Rome.

As he continued walking, he started noticing more and more structures that seemed like houses made out of bricks and concrete, strong and standing tall, two floored some, wide and one floored some.

Every house looked isolated with gardens, nourished sand providing for the wild plants growing there, different fruits and vegetables, different colors, things he'd never seen before.

It seemed like he was somewhere in Europe. Ancient Europe. Not England, the architecture was different. Not Greece too, the Greeks were innovative yet basic. This seemed more like Rome.

He looked for sculptures. Found some too. They were made with local limestone and sandstones. Accurate. Some seemed like sculptures depicting the tale of the beginning of Rome― with Romulus and Remus drinking from the she wolf that saved their life, going on with more sculptures that showed how Romulus killed Remus, his own twin brother and named Rome after himself to rule it till the day he lived, only becoming deity Queirinus after death, someone the Romans worshipped religiously.

He could spot arches and columns and domes, giving it a classic finish. "Gorgeous," he whispered, unable to help himself. It was truly gorgeous and as an archaeologist he couldn't help but be in awe of where he was, what he was seeing.

It was all a wonder, a beautiful dream, a fantasy land. So, so breathtaking.

His slender fingers traced the sculptures, goosebumps rising on his skin. Oh Lord, just where did I end up? The more and more he could feel everything against his skin, the more surreal it felt.

He couldn't have imagined reaching ancient Rome even in his wildest dream. He didn't even think time travel was possible, couldn't imagine it being real but here he was, on this sacred land, feeling, touching, smelling, hearing, just... seeing everything that could change modern day history, things that could change our view on the world with the light of the stars and the moon by his side.

When tears flowed out of his eyes, he just couldn't help himself, this was far from the reality he imagined his life would be, and this, being here, being somewhere to witness the growth of art, architecture, rule, and just... culture, as an archaeologist, this was his only dream in, the most beautiful dream one could ever dream of dreaming.

This was it. Here was the purpose of his life. He imagined exploring this land, finding a way to go back and tell today's modern world how their ancestors lived, how luxury was for them, how the poor survived, the clothes they wore and just about everything that'd change the world, giving the government proof of the life people here, where he was right now led, it was all too exciting and just, mind boggling.

The temples, houses, baths, theatres, he wanted to explore them all. Gladiators, slaves, servants, merchants, ministers, he wanted to talk to them all. He just wanted to explore this land and change the world, for the better, for the best. He wanted to see their lives with his own eyes instead of reading them in books written by theorizing scholars, he wanted to feel how it felt to live here, in ancient Rome instead of seeing them through paintings.

This was it. This was his life purpose.

With excitement flowing through his veins, he ran, ran through the gardens and roads, on the sand, barefooted, not minding the bleeding and piercing of his skin into the city of Rome, wide eyes observing the castle that was built far away for the Kings and royals, the ministers and poor servants.

He stopped. Looking back for a second.

Wait. Someone... stood there. Someone stood there looking right at him. Wait. How were the people gonna react when they come to learn he was from the future. He laughed, out loud, throwing his head back in joy. Oh Lord, what is this dream?

He walked back to the man. "Hello," he said, tongue twisting as he spoke in Italian with poise, enjoying the age-old language, tasting it.

"Hello." The man replied back, bowing his head a little, blinking his eyes. "Would you, perhaps, be a traveller migrating to this new city in search of a new home?"

The man looked sweet, an easy smile resting on his face. Polite. Jeongguk looked him up and down. Built. Bulk arms hiding under his flowy blue clothes. Brown slippers. The most basic. Probably the most advanced thing he owned judging by the condition of his clothes. Jeongguk frowned for a minute at his question. "Yes, Sir. Who might you be, may I know?"

"Hoseok. Gladiator. I fight for a living, but don't worry, I don't intend on hurting you." The man― Hoseok replied, his smile turning teasing at the end as he noticed the fear in Jeongguk's eyes.

"I'm Jeongguk. I've heard about how little you fighters get paid. Is that true?" Jeongguk knew how to keep the conversation going. He's learnt a little bit of human behavior out of his own interest when he was in highschool, and till date, it has only helped him interact with people.

Asking people, questioning them on what interests them or what they do helps build conversation, helps us seem concerned about them, therefore forming a better opinion than it would normally.

"Oh, Lord Quirinus! You've heard right! We deserve more than half of the gold they give us!" The gladiator exclaimed with wild expressions making Jeongguk smile at the other's excitement.

"I'm pretty sure you do." Jeongguk agreed easily, not wanting to argue even though he didn't agree. Killing people shouldn't be a job. Killing people for entertainment, specifically.

"Do you want to stay with me for a few days until you find a home? As someone struggling, I know how it feels. It'd be a pleasure to help a brother out." Yes! Yes! Yes! "Yeah. That'd be great." Jeongguk goes in for a hug.

This is gonna be a wild journey. Indeed, indeed. If he only know what this world held for him.