5 - New Memories [1.3]

chapter five — new memories [1

chapter five new memories [1.3]

━━━━━━✧♛✧━━━━━━

It was one of their usual tasks— bring wood and herbs for Mr. Jaeger. It was a job for Eren and [Name], as Mikasa helped Miss Carla and Beatrice with pastries and baking bread in [Name]'s mom house. Everyone was pleased how nice the relationship between Eren and [Name] turned out— no more fighting but the occasional comments [Name] had to say to stop Eren's angerish behavior. Surprisingly, they actually could notice how the brunette liked his company, and always wanted to stay at his side. The two women could notice when Eren was being scolded by [Name], he just blushed and averted his face, as if he was embarrassed of his actions.

It was somehow irritating for [Name]. As you could tell, he wasn't fond of Eren's voice— it was loud and annoying. He preferred staying with Mikasa or Armin, as their voices were less noisy than Eren's. Obviously, this was an unusual conflict within the two: [Name] being vocal about his annoyance, and Eren being angry about it.

Eren liked [Name]— it was a fact. Carla and Beatrice could see that so clearly, even if the brunette tried to deny it so desperately. It was a huge change from their beginning— it was actually strange how Eren's behavior changed when [Name] scolded him, but when Mikasa did it he angered. As Beatrice believed, [Name] was unaware of Eren's feelings and didn't pay much attention to him. He too denied Eren felt something for him, and just was being the usual 'hot-head' he was.

But their differences weren't always present— they genuinely liked each other and were good friends. [Name] didn't hate or disliked Eren but the opposite: the amnesiac boy admired how strong and determined he was. It was just his loud voice that made his ears suffer. Nevertheless, [Name] sometimes tried to bear with it and spent time with Eren, and the brunette tried his best to not be 'noisy'.

But back to the present— Fortunately, Dr. Grisha didn't say when he wanted the herbs, and neither he looked impatient or urged for them. The two boys decided to rest a little bit in the small woods, the air was fresh and it was surprisingly relaxing there, as no one but them were there. The two carefully placed the bottles full of herbs on the grass before lying on the ground, looking at the sky. [Name]'s eyes sheepishly looked at the clouds, while Eren eyed him, he being unaware of it.

"Say, [Name]..." Eren spoke to get his attention, in which the other hummed in response, "do you think... we could see the ocean together one day...?" He asked with a blush on his face, looking at the other side to hide his embarrassment.

[Name] blinked, still not looking at him. "What's with the sudden question? The four of us promised we would." [Name] felt relaxed, blinking slowly. Letting out a yawn, he rubs his eyes, shifting to a more comfortable pose to sleep, not paying much attention on what the other has to say.

"That's not what I mean..." Eren frowns, unaware of [Name]'s sudden tiredness. "I mean that... maybe we could..." he blushed deeply, unable to explain his feelings. He's not good at feelings, and when he had never felt something like this before, this is hard for him. Even more when the one you have interest on doesn't even likes you that much. "I want to see it with you... right at my side." His whole face is painted in red— he plays nervously with his hands.

The lack of response made Eren impatient. Looking at the side, he noticed [Name] had fallen asleep by the low snoring that could be heard. At first, the brunette felt irritated and angry— as usual, [Name] wasn't paying attention to him. He even tried to not be so loud, and [Name] didn't even care about it! He didn't want to accept the small glint of jealously he felt when the [color haired] boy preferred to be with Mikasa or Armin, but him! Annoyed, the boy crossed his arm and averted seeing the sleeping boy, pouting.

Sighing, the boy lies on the grass, watching the sky. "I'm not that loud..." he speaks to himself, turning to see [Name] with narrowed eyes. The boy lies peacefully, his chest slowly moving up and down as he breathes, both hands tangled over his stomach. Why did he liked [Name] that much? At first he couldn't stand him— but seeing him... hurting the way he was before, it made him feel... upset and dirty. His guilt was a major factor of his change, and somehow, interacting more with [Name] and knowing him more and more made him interested and curious on him.

He likes him, that's the truth.

Sitting, the brunette gets closer to [Name]'s form, looking at his face, focusing on him. Eren can't help himself and slowly leans forward [Name]'s face, Eren's own heartbeat raising. Gulping, he closes his eyes, hands shaking by his nervousness. He gently kisses the soft lips, deep crimson painting his cheeks. Eren feels... joy as he answers his curiosity, but soon he becomes worried and scared as he feels [Name]'s body shifting. Immediately the brunette breaks the small kiss, almost falling on his back by he sudden separation. He covers his mouth with his hands as he nervously looks at the [hair color] haired blinking sheepishly, looking around and spotting him besides him.

"Eren...? Did I fall asleep...?" [Name] asks as he rubs his eyes, yawning. Stretching, he notices Eren's quiet and unusual behavior. "Is something wrong...?"

"Uhm— No! E–Everything's fine! We should get going." Eren hastily speaks as he gets up and takes the wood and bottles, signaling [Name] to hurry up too. The amnesiac boy blinks confused, but soon stretches and gets up too. He takes the herbs and the wood on his back and waits for Eren to begin walking. Surprisingly, Eren takes his hand wihout warning.

"E–Everything ready?" Eren gulps as he speaks, looking at [Name] with a blush on his cheeks. He pleads in his mind for [Name] not to reject him— to stay like this just for this moment. His heartbeat raising as he sees the amnesiac boy blinking, not giving his thoughts away— Eren has always watched how expressionless [Name] can be. The brunette holds his breath until [Name] answers.

"Yes. Let's go." [Name] nods while speaking, walking ahead hand in hand with Eren. By Eren's surprise, the [hair color] haired boy tangles his fingers with Eren's, making the brunette's heart skip a beat. [Name]'s face is the same— serene and calm, while Eren's is a messy crimson.

They met Hannes in the way back, and the blonde soldier can catch how red Eren is. He couldn't stop himself from laughing at the unusual scene of them being like this— gaining a 'what are you laughing at?!' from Eren, and another scolding from [Name], 'don't yell like that.' making the brunette shut his mouth immediately. Hannes was actually impressed by such interaction— not even Carla nor Mikasa were capable of holding this little ball of anger from acting recklessly.

The walk between the two was unexpectedly calm, as both of them talked about what they will have for dinner. Eren's face had a big grin, happy by how things turned out.