06 | people you know

and what hurts the most is people can gofrom people you knowto people you don't

is people can go
from people you know
to people you don't

Amelia rolled her eyes amused at the Take Notice board. She didn't find it that interesting anymore. Maybe it was because the one boy she wanted hadn't posted about her. But it was fine. It wasn't like she wasn't going to ignore those feelings until they eventually went away. She wasn't sure about those feelings anyway. She entered the classroom, hearing Gilbert speaking to someone.

"Medical research at The Sorbonne in Paris. Funny, Doctor Ward mentioned antitoxins last month." Amelia leaned against the doorway, staring at the black haired boy with a soft smile on her face. "Mr Know It All, care to explain what an antitoxin is?" Gilbert turned around, grinning once he saw who it was. "It's a new kind of preventative medicine. Seems to actually be working, by the looks of it, even if Doctor Ward called it nonsense."

"Most people have it hard trusting new ideas." Miss Stacy added, tilting her head as Gilbert put the newspaper down on his lap. "Isn't Sorbonne a really good science and medicine university?" Amelia asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Gilbert sighed, nodding as he scratched his chin. "And million dollars and miles away." Amelia leaned a hand on his shoulder, making the boy stare up at her. "Anything is possible if you work hard enough for it."

Gilbert put a hand over hers, making her heart skip a beat. "I know a doctor called Emily Oak who's doing similar work in the University of Toronto. You shoulder write to her, Gilbert. She could guide you towards Canadian Universities specializing in medical research."

Gilbert looked at Miss Stacy, nodding, appreciating the thought. "Thank you. I'll take you up on that." he stood up and approached Amelia, just standing close to her. "What about you, Amelia? Any thoughts about where you're going to study?" she bit her lip, suddenly realising how her and Gilbert where heading towards different places. "Probably Queens. They have a Fine Arts degree."

"Aren't you going back to Scotland? Maybe just to visit before entering university?" Miss Stacy asked, as Amelia frowned, humming. She hadn't really thought about that, but maybe that would be a good idea, to visit the soil she had been born in. Gilbert crossed his arms, looking down at her with a smile on his face. "If I could too, I would love to visit the land of the Scottish, Amy."

The blonde looked up at him, tilting her head as she smiled, nodding. "Of course, I would love that." she paused, clearing her throat as Miss Stacy raised an eyebrow at the couple, smiling. "I would have to ask my father, but I don't think he'll mind." Suddenly, Diana walked in, smiling coyly at the couple as she grabbed Amelia's wrist. "Just need to borrow her for a second Gilbert."