you still care

Dream POV:

There was a long silence between us and Error finally broke it, "it's been a while... You know since we last properly spoke... How has life been for you?" He asked, his voice sounding slightly off.
"Lonely...cold...painful and more..." I replied in a expressionless voice. He turned away from me and his head hung low.

"How are things with you and ink?.." I forced myself to ask, even though it made my stomach twist. "Things have been good," he replied, "me and ink are happy together so I don't see myself leaving him any time soon." This made my eyes water.

I still had strong feelings for him, but he moved one and drifted away from me... Was I not good enough?...

I quickly got up and teleported away. I felt weak and tired. I didn't know where I was, I just kept running.

Error POV

Dream got up with watery eyes, and my brows furrowed as my eyes widened. I gave Dream a strong look of concern, but he didn't seem to notice, and as soon as I lifted my hand to grab his arm he teleported away and the echo of a sob faded with it. I liked down in shame.

Was I making a mistake? No I love my Kiki! Then why do I feel pain, I'm not being stabbed?

I lifted my head and met eyes with nightmare, he scowled at me from the shadows and had us arms folded angrily.

"Nightmare? Why are you here?," I asked.

"You really hurt my brother... He's currently running...from you..." He replied.

"So? I have my new lover to be concerned about."

"Did you ever love my brother? Or was he just a toy you used to pass the time because if so then you do not deserve the kindness he has given for you..."

I just stood silently, perplexed.

"He talks about you a lot, Error... And you just played him..."

I once again looked down at my feet, in shame.