Chapter 16: I Like You

The next day was a Saturday. I decided not to go out with Junsu on Friday anymore. I told him I needed some rest. He didn't get mad. The truth was that I couldn't face him. Weirdly enough I was terrified of telling him about Dad's plan.

According to Dad, he wanted us to move back to Busan. He said he could easily get a job transfer there. Dad wanted me to be happy. He knew that ever since we moved to Seoul, I wasn't happy anymore. What he didn't know was that most of that unhappiness and stress came because of Junsu.

Whenever I closed my eyes I would regret it immensely. I would see Mr. Kim approaching me all over again. I would imagine things that didn't even happen. It would get worse and worse before I would open my eyes and have to fight against keeping myself calm. I couldn't sleep at all on Friday. I expected Saturday to go better, but I couldn't sleep that day either. On Sunday I was so worn out. I couldn't do anything. My head was just in the clouds all day long, and nausea was killing me.

Dad checked on me a lot of times. He was obviously worried about me, because I wasn't telling him what was going on with me. He kept asking me if I was feeling alright, but I could barely speak. However, at a certain moment I did manage to tell him that I felt betrayed and disgusted. I would shower almost 30 times a day because I wanted to get the feeling of him touching me off my mind. But what remained the most in my mind was his teeth piercing through my skin. He really did act like I was his prey. It was just crazy... and disgusting.

Junsu messaged me a few times too, but eventually I stopped replying to him. I was just so tired of having to deal with people. I made sure I didn't get any friends because I wanted to avoid drama. But somehow drama turned up everywhere I went. The one person I was starting to consider my friend was trying to get in my pants...

On Monday night I got the weirdest feeling. I got out of my bed and started looking around. I didn't know what I was searching for, but whatever it was it wasn't going to make me feel better. Suddenly I spotted a dark figure sitting on the large tree next to my bedroom window.

The person waved at me. He had his hoodie on, but his face wasn't covered or anything. It was Junsu. He was here...? How did he know where I lived?

He didn't tell me to open the window, and honestly I was too freaked out to do it. We just stared at each other for a while. Finally I went to my window and opened it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him in a hushed tone.

He shrugged. "Bored."

He found out where I lived because he was bored? Seriously? I frowned and didn't say anything.

"Can I come inside?" he asked after an awkward silence.

I shook my head. "Not now."

"I didn't see you at school today," Junsu continued.

"I stayed home," I admitted.

I wasn't in a talkative mood. But he wasn't getting the hint.

"If you're not going to let me in, then you come out here," he said.

I let out a deep breath. "I'm not... in a good mood."

"Well duh," he replied, rolling his eyes, "I can see that. Why do you think I'm here?"

The boredom thing was a lie then? But still... a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach was telling me that something was wrong. Just how did he find me?

"So? What's it gonna be?" he asked.

I swung my legs out the window and leapt towards the tree. Junsu grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him just in time. Maybe it was because I wasn't thinking straight. I've never jumped out of my window like that just to sit with a guy on a tree. I must have been nuts.