Author's note

Hello, vannakkam, hola, bonjour, jaechaih, konichiwa!

(I'm sorry, those are all the languages I can greet someone in.)

This part is important. Please do read it through all the way.

First and foremost:NO RACIAL/DEROGATORY SLURS WHATSOEVER. This book was written in accordance to several revered aspects of my culture. I do respect your opinion if you morally disagree with some of them, but at the same time, that gives you no rights WHATSOEVER to openly degrade or disrespect my culture. Sure, some of the concepts ancient Indian society went by could be called 'savage', but at the same time, please do remember that it is still a culture and deserves as much respect as any other.

Second, but by no means any less important: no character hate whatsoever. This book has a deeper plot than most of my others, and will contain several characters that could be called narrow-minded, or even stupid by modern society. That, however, doesn't mean that they are bad people, because they are not. Please do understand that.

Third: this book is being marked as 'mature'. Not because it contains sex scenes, but because it does have certain levels of violence and gore as well as numerous trigger warnings. While there isn't any actual sex scene, it will contain implied and/or hints of it.

I WILL be mentioning if there's a trigger warning in any particular chapter. Don't worry about that bit. And if there's a part which you think would contain a trigger that I missed mentioning, please do let me know. Your welfare is important.

Fourth: there will be numerous Tamil terms, as well as references to certain popular folktales or myths. For each chapter that has any of these that DO need explanation, I will be publishing a separate section, containing my rewritten version of each folktale/myth. All the non-English terms will be marked in the glossary (which will be updated to stay consistent with the story), so I would recommend having that open in a separate tab while reading the main story.

Fifth: This is a work of pure fiction. Any similarities between characters and people in real life (be it dead or alive) is purely coincidential.

Sixth: This book belongs to ME AND ME ONLY. Copy it and my squad and I will find you and report you.

And now that that's over, I hope you enjoy the story!

[ Please, feel free to spam this with comments. I love comments and I'd rather get a truckload of spam than none at all! They help me see if you enjoy the story or not :D ]

- Miyu