Chapter 16

The security dashed across hall towards the stage, they were many in number. The security guards below the stage also decided to pelt up towards the stage.

But before they could make any move.

V lifted his gun, the sound of it loading echoed through the ballroom.

"Come any closer and I'll blow one of their brains out." He said as he smiled.

The security immediately halted.

He aimed his gun at Mr Ahns head.

Rae Ahn was shivering, he couldn't react. Noora saw this, she wanted to move and go to him to give him some moral support. But Vs ridiculous muffled voice yelled.

"Anyone moves then I'll make their brains into a delicious red sauce risotto." he laughed immediately after he said this.

The crowd stood motionlessly, staring at the human beast in front of them.

The cameras were still rolling and the press was still covering the situation.

"Are you getting all this? Should i move aside so you guys get my full body profile inclusive of my gun." V barked.

The camera mens hands quivered.

V said "Oh come on! Am i that scary?!"

"Why are you here?" Mr Ahn growled.

V slowly moved his head towards Mr Ahn. He tilted his head sideways still pointing the gun right at him.

"You should know better." Taehyung hissed.

"Well, i dont know why your here? Care to explain." Mr Ahn said confidently.

The crowd shared whispers and small whimpers.

V laughed insignificantly.

"I'm here for a very special reason."
V said in a slow monotone.

He stepped closer.

The guards roared at him, threatening to shoot him.

"Oh quiet down will ya! I just took a step, i didn't peel his skin off. Gosh! Stop watching alot of movies, this is reality." V groaned.

The guards looked at each other confused.

V looked towards the terrified crowd and asked
"Do you think I'm here to kill someone?"

The crowd mumbled and looked at each other.

Noora observed every move of his every movement she tried to analyse to understand, how could he be so confident? Someone who is so confident doesn't have anything to loose..

V sighed. His black coat hung perfectly against his lean frame, yet one couldn't identify his features.

He said "Maybe i am here to kill?."

The mask he wore showed only one salient feature, his eyes.

But no one dared to look into them.

"Mr Ahn... Is my bullet for you?" V asked holding his gun tighter.

The guards yelled threatening him, if V shot anyone they'd shoot him too.

"Blah Blah Blah.. Quiet." V yelled.

Everyone froze.

"You don't interest me Mr Ahn." V said.

He shifted his gun towards William Jefferson, the minister of foregin affairs.

"But you do." V smirked.

William Jefferson was the opposite of Mr Ahn, he shivered and felt his knees buckle.

"Your next Jefferson." V grunted.

The whole ballroom went dark, lights complete out.

The guards sprinted towards the stage. There was chaos everywhere.

Noora felt a tug on her shoulder.

"It's me! Come on!" She heard Rae Ahn say.

Noora grabbed Daehyun as they began exiting the hall room.

As the lights came on, Noora one last time glanced at the stage. To her surprise, William Jefferson was still alive but V as usual had mystically disappeared.

*****************************

Silence once again fell upon the city. The citizens once again in fear. V threatens in a way which sends shivers down the spine. His hysterical laugh still echoed across the streets. People were afraid to step out. The police was becoming in competent.

Full protection was given to Mr Ahn and most importantly the next target Mr Jefferson.

Noora spoke over the phone.

"Is your dad okay?" Noora asked.

Rae Ahn replied from the other line.

"He seems shaken up, he won't talk to anyone. But he will pull through." Rae Ahn said.

"And you are you okay?" Noora asked.

There was silence on the other end of the line.

"I really don't know Noora." Rae Ahn spoke, his voice was dull.

"What is it?" Noora asked.

"I think there's so much more to V than i can imagine. I know he has threatened my dad indirectly, almost destroyed our press conference. But even behind all of this. I can't accept the fact this man V has no plan." Rae Ahn said.

"Are you sympathetic about him?" Noora spoke her voice slightly loud. She got annoyed at Rae Ahn for thinking this way.

"No i dont know, i know i should hate him and like despise him, i do hate him like a lot. But i dont understand why? Why does a human like him  come out so publicly and cause such chaos. What good will it bring?" Rae Ahn questioned.

"I don't know Rae Ahn, but i will catch him, a beast like him shouldn't even be called human... You should rest. I'll talk to you soon again." Noora said.

They disconnected the line.

Noora sipped down warm milk to help her get some sleep.
She curled up against her couch.

Her head aching with today's drama.

She pulled out her diary, she began noting down whatever happened today so she it could get easier to crack a story at work tomorrow.

Her phone rung.

She looked at the caller ID, her heart relaxed alittle.

She answered the call.

"Taehyung.." She breathed out.

"Were you at today's event?" Taehyung directly asked.

"Yes." Noora answered.

"Noora.. Are you okay?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah. I am don't worry. Its just it was so sudden..." Noora said honestly.

"Right now don't racksack your brain behind this, rest now, you can work on it tomorrow." Taehyung made her understand.

There was silence from Nooras side.

"Hey?.." Taehyung asked.

"Hmm." Noora replied.

"Can't sleep?" Taehyung asked.

"No no.. I'm.." Noora was speaking as Taehyung cutt her off.

"Be honest with me." Taehyung urged her.

She said "Hmm.."

"Noora try drinking some warm milk it surely helps." Taehyung suggested.

Noora smiled looking down, she held her mug which was filled with warm milk.

"Well, your remedy is in action." She giggled.

"Alright then.. Sleep well. I'll meet you tomorrow. I need to check on you regularly."  Taehyung said.

Noora spoke defensively "Hey i can look after myself."

"Did i ever say you can't? yet i like doing it." Taehyung muttered.