Chapter 001: Cute Bundle

[Colby's P O V]

They say that overcoming a heartbreak takes time, and they sure as hell weren't wrong. But I got through it eventually. I had taken it upon myself to get better and fix my past mistakes, possibly get rid of my cocky demeanor. And I think I have, though there were specifics I couldn't go through. For one, falling in love with some one else and forgetting my past memories. That was a big no-go.

Aside from my emotional state, my build and physicals were much stronger and better. I had replaced the slight belly I had grown with toned abs and half-flimsy arms with muscles and a few tattoos. The tattoos were just an add up I liked so I went for it and found myself getting more than I anticipated. Despite all that, I found a job. It wasn't fit for my build, literally, but I had found a job at a local supermarket as a cashier and it was the only one close by.

The uniform was a bit tight too but I assumed they wanted it that way, seeming as the girls working there couldn't keep their eyes off of me. Hell, I think they picked the outfit. Now, I'm not bragging. The uniform's literally too tight for me and I'm sure it would feel the same on any other employee.

The job was.. flimsy you could say, but payed enough to leave me with a home. I've also been saving up for a ticket, a plane ticket to be exact. I decided to get out of Kansas in the mean time but still didn't have enough for both my house and for myself. So I was stuck here.

Mrs. Golbach had also seemed to move on with her life, for she was now engaged to Dr. Henry and they didn't seem unpleased by their old ages. Brennen had decided to get a life finally and moved out of his parents house. He managed to get himself an apartment and now has a girlfriend named Kyra as well. She was sweet and all but I don't think she was too fond of my presence.

And finally, Jacob, my little brother. When mom got out of taking therapy lessons and care, she had finally come back to us. She deemed herself guilty and apologized over and over. I was glad to have her back and had become surprisingly close with her. A shocker since she had left us for such a long time in the past so I never expected us to bond so well.

Sam and I.. haven't come to terms with each other and hadn't gotten a hold of each other since the last time we had met. I hadn't replied to the voice note either and kept it that way. Now as much as I'd love talking about Sam and my love story, I was late for work.

Strugglingly forcing on my black jeans and slipping on the rest of the uniform, I grabbed a banana and my belongings before hopping into my car. I started the engine and drove off, all while eating and driving. As much as I had changed, I was still irresponsible and stupid at times. But hey, it's life.
-
Today was as boring as ever and I found myself wanting a scene. The supermarket was quite empty despite the few customers inside, and the air around felt dim. As I scanned the isles, waiting for someone to possibly slip, I spotted a boy far down the isle looking my age and as skinny as he could be. His ass looked cute I have to admit.

I stifled a chuckle as he struggled to get a packet of ramen from one of the high shelves (who puts that there?), and walked over. Might as well entertain myself a little. I walked up behind the oblivious boy and reached up above him, making sure to press against his behind, and grabbed him the pack he wanted. The boy gasped and quickly moved away once he noticed me.

I held back another chuckle and softly grabbed his arm before he could leave. "You forgot your ramen." I winked, earning a deep blush from him. He brushed his hair nervously and went to take the packet from me, mumbling a thank you. Before he could move away, I grabbed his hand and pulled him close to me. I looked down at him with a smirk and slipped my hands down to his waist making him squeak and gasp.

"You're so tiny." I grinned, making his eyes widen. I chuckled and let go him. I may have went overboard but he was just so cute to mess with. "Sorry, I just wanted to make you blush." I smiled, realizing how stupid I might've sounded. He seemed a little confused and flustered but backed away never the less. He really did look cute. His eyes were a sparkling chocolate color looking so innocent and his soft brown hair dropped lightly on his forehead. Little freckles also danced under his cheeks and nose, and his figure looked so gentle. Almost fragile.

"The name's Colby, and I promise I'm no rapist." I laughed lightly, putting out my hand for him to shake. He hesitated a little but I assume my smile eased him down a little because he took my hand and shook it slightly. "I'm Charlie." He blushed and I could feel my heart melting by the second.

"Well, Charlie, I assume your boyfriend can't make you blush as much as I do?" I smirked, laughing once his eyes widened. It was easy to tell he was gay or bi seeming as he was just too innocent and small to be straight and sleeping with girls. Although it could be a possibility, I doubted it. Plus I doubted anyone would let such a cute bundle be single so I also assumed he was in a relationship. All the better.

Charlie looked down in shame and shook his head with yet another blush. I kind of felt bad now. Damn it. "Hey.." I trailed off and gently lifted his chin so he was looking at me. "Don't listen to me, I'm just messing around. I'm sure you partner loves you so much and don't think otherwise." I assured, smiling once his lips curved into one as well. "Besides, you're too cute not to be in a relationship." I winked making him groan lightly and hide his face.

I chuckled and grabbed him another pack of ramen before handing it to him. "Here you go, sir. Enjoy the rest of your day." I smiled before walking through the rest of the isles in case anyone needs help reaching stuff or locating anything.

I might just get fired if I keep messing round with the customers.

/// yay! It's finally up! I for some reason was too excited and decided to put it up now : ). This chapter is a little boring I have to admit but I just wanted to keep ya'll updated on what's happened with Colby's life after book 2. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I might get up another chapter soon today. Vote and comment! ///