Chapter 0: Prologue

"Therefore, I, Benjamin Frank Woods, banish all wizards and witches from our land, as the Master of Humans' Assembly." Benjamin's deep and ordering voice boomed in the room.

As the words were said, they rang through the hundreds of wizards, as well as witches, that were tied and shackled in the room.

"No!" Said one of the wizards, "I refuse to let such a thing happen! We have done nothing that we would get such punishment."

"And who may you be?" Benjamin asked. But before the protester had the chance to answer, the master spoke again, gritting his teeth, "Who may you be that you had the fucking guts to go against my orders?"

Protesting was something Benjamin could not handle. It was, in his perspective, disrespectful, which it technically could be in certain circumstances, to not only him, but also to God, as that was what he considered himself - God of humans. Naturally, he had lost his non-existent elegance and superiority, and sweared, which was against the rules and discipline. But only he had the right to do so. If any other human did that, they would have to go through unspeakable punishments.

The protester only smiled bitterly. "I am Adrawix, the Leader of Wizards' Assembly, and as a fellow Head, I have full right to state my opinions as well as protest if necessary." Adrawix, in spite of being on his knees like the rest of the captives, looked triumphant and bold. " And might I remind you, you were the one who created this rule."

Benjamin started to sweat; it was true. He was the one to create such rule, to maintain equality among the heads of all three assemblies - Humans', Wizards' and lastly Fairies' Assembly. And Adrawix showed that the Master, the most powerful of all three leaders, was going against his rules, breaking his own discipline. But he wasn't willing to show that to the protester, especially in front of his people and apparent enemy, the wizards and witches.

"I created this rule." He started, his expression remaining cold and ruthless as usual, "Therefore, I decide what to do with it. But I won't talk about this any further. The sooner we're done with this, the better for all of us."

And just like that, he let all the captives be taken away. Many of them were his old friends, but the Master hadn't dared to look at them with the slightest bit of sympathy or familiarity. He remained there, cold and eerily calm, and watched the captives fight as they were being dragged. They had even tried to use their own magic, which wasn't enough in the first place as without their wands they weren't as powerful, but the chains restrained them.

Thus, they tried to do whatever they could with their physical capability. They kicked, spat and cursed, but all was useless against the merciless grabs and drags of the humans.

Still, Benjamin silently watched the scene. He didn't react in any way. What would everyone think of him if he did? He possibly couldn't let anyone question his attitude, put his prestige in danger or insult him. No, he wouldn't tolerate that. He would never tolerate that.

Finally, everyone was kicked out. As the gigantic doors closed, Benjamin sighed quietly and stood thoughtfully for a moment. Was I righteous to take this decision? It's just a rumor. What if it's not true? He found himself asking. Yes, he still had doubts and he still questioned himself. But if anyone else was to do that...

No, he cut his previous doubts abruptly, what I've done is filled with justice. Only wizards would commit such atrocity. They were meant to be doomed and now they are doomed.

With that last thought in mind, the Master let himself be guided out of the room by his fellow servant. The mansion, where the meeting - if that disastrous sentencing could be called a meeting - and several other meetings took place, was very large and had various rooms and several hallways. Naturally, the powerful Master couldn't, or rather, didn't want to remember the entrances and exits, the doors and ways, as, in his perspective, he already had the responsibility and problems of the world on his mind. His trusty servant had always been the one to guide him everywhere.