The Highs & The Lows

A few weeks had passed since Penelope and Josie's whirlwind of a budding relationship. With more dates and quality time under their belt, they had established a comfortability with another that had taken both witches by surprise. Although there were still people who had doubts, the most obvious ones being Josie's family, they had begun to understand that there was no coming in between the strong bond that had been forged in a relatively small amount of time.

Josie had told them to let her make her own decisions and that included whom she wanted to spend her time with. At the moment, that was Penelope and she couldn't imagine it ever changing. Sometimes, she still wondered how it had happened so quickly or why Penelope was seemingly all over her. But Josie enjoyed it immensely.

It was evident by them being half-snuggled up on Josie's bed right now. While the twin tried to do her homework, Penelope was sitting behind her, reading a book. Josie's back was resting against the dark-haired girl's chest as she felt a pair of warm lips kissing her cheeks. Instantly smiling, she attempted to appear unfazed, but Penelope continued, leaving a trail of soft kisses along the younger one's jawline.

"I can't concentrate when you do that, you know," Josie spoke up quietly.

"That's kind of the point," Penelope mumbled in between kisses, her hands dropping the book on the bed in order to wrap her arms around Josie's torso.

"I won't be able to do my homework then," the taller of the two responded, failing to hide her smile.

"Oh, we can't have that, can we?" Penelope mocked playfully. "The headmaster's daughter showing up without her homework. Scandalous," she added, whispering the last word before kissing a spot right next to Josie's ear that always induced a reaction. Josie closed her eyes involuntarily, goosebumps spreading all over her skin.

"Are you trying to corrupt me, Penelope Park?" Josie breathed, completely forgetting about her homework already.

"Could I?" The older one questioned, chuckling mildly.

Josie shifted in the embrace, turning her head back so she could face Penelope whose eyes were instantly locking with her.

"Can you?" Josie whispered and posed the question with a raised eyebrow, resuming the banter while her heart was pounding heavily.

"Challenge accepted," Penelope smirked, the hazel eyes dropping to look at Josie's lips. As they leaned in, Penelope withdrew, drawing out the tension.

"You enjoy teasing me, don't you?" The brunette witch asked, sighing in frustration because she was eager to receive more affection.

"Just a little bit," Penelope answered, whispering against Josie's lips before finally reuniting them with her own.

The kiss was deep and slow, driven by the tension beforehand. Josie felt the difference in it immediately. Surely, they had been kissing a lot over the past few weeks but not like this. It was either sweet and soft or heated and over quickly because they wanted to take things slow. They way Penelope held her tight, pressing their bodies so close together felt intense. The twin could feel every little movement.

She was purely going off instinct in these situations but trusted Penelope enough to follow her lead. The girl with long, dark locks sucked on Josie's lower lip before playfully biting down on the soft flesh. All of Josie's senses were on overload. She reciprocated the sensual nature of their lips dancing with each other, opening her mouth just enough for Penelope's tongue to skillfully deepen the kiss even more. Josie's hand wandered to the back of Penelope's neck, signaling that she wanted more. And just as they were reaching a new height of intimacy, the door flung open.