5

Jordyn Amor 

We finish the face-time. I have a quick shower and get changed into more comfortable clothes. I head downstairs because of my mother's meetings on Friday nights, so I stay at home and look after Charli and Milo. 

But I'm not complaining.

Your outfit:

"See you later, honey, I should be home around 10:30 or later," my mother passes me with a swift kiss on my head

"Ok mom, stay safe for me please and please text me when you're coming home," I say hugging her tightly.

"I will, darling, love you, text if anything happens or if you need anything," she says as she leaves out of the door.

I look up at Charli who is sitting at the dining table, finishing his homework. What a good little brother.

I have already finished my homework.

"So, what are we working on?" I ask sliding into the seat next to him.

"I'm just finishing on some Maths homework that momma kinda helped me with," he says smiling proudly up at me, as a signal that he has finished all his homework.

"Well, what do you want to do now?" I ask

"Can we go for a drive instead of staying home, please?" he asks with his beautiful, big, brown eyes.

"You know what, let's do it," I say smiling at him. 

God, I love this kid. Couldn't ask for a better brother.

Charli grabs Milo as I grab Charli's jumper, my phone, my purse, and car/ house keys. I quickly text my mom that we're just leaving the house for a bit, and put Charli in his seat booster with Milo snuggling into his laps. Milo is only four-weeks-old. I get into the driver's seat and put my seatbelt on, and start reversing out of the garage.

I blast some Bruno Mars songs. "So where should we go?" I ask Charli since it was his idea.

"Can we go to McDonald's?" he says.

"McDonald's? Let's go see a movie, shall we? We have a lot of time, buddy." I say looking at him through the rearview mirror. 

"And how much time is that exactly?" he questions me. 

"It's 6:45, right now so we have plenty of time, Lil man," I say and turn up the volume in the car. 

We arrive at the nearest cinema complex and I park the car.

"What are we going to do about Milo?" Charli asks.

"We'll sneak him in because he sleeps really easily and he's very quiet and he's small," I say in response.

"As much of a bad idea that it, it's also a savage idea, so I'm in," Charli laughs and I laugh with him.

I put Charli's jumper in a bag of mine that I left in my car, and carefully place Milo on top of it and put my jumper on top of him, just enough so he can breathe. 

I get Charli out of his car seat booster and put my phone, keys, and purse in my back pocket before stretching out my hand to Charli so he can hold onto it, and lock my car.

"Are you ready champ?" I ask Charli.

He turns to me and starts jumping,  "I'm so ready! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jordy! I love you and Milo and momma and dad," he says calm down.

"Yeah, I love you, Milo, mom, and dad," I say a little sad.

"Do you miss dad?" Charli asks.

I look down at him and he looks up at me, "I miss dad every day, buddy," I say, "I miss dad too," he replies.

We buy our tickets for the movie that Charli wanted and get slushies, popcorn and a few candy bags.  

 While we wait in the lobby for our movie time, Charli and I take some silly selfies and send them to mom, and I post them on Instagram.

I smile at Charli, who is giggling, "I love this photo of you," I say showing him the picture of him with crossed eyes and his tongue hanging out of his mouth. He laughs in response as I replace my phone lock screen photo of Charli as a cute, chubby baby to the photo we just took.

That's when I notice someone familiar.

Grayson Dolan.

He's standing with two guys, Ethan and Chad, from school, and a girl.

 A really pretty girl.

They all start laughing, as she places her hand on his shoulder and leaves it there for a while before taking it off.

That might be his girlfriend. I'm not jealous, I mean why would I be? I didn't expect to see him.

I see him turn his head to where Charli and I are sitting, and I quickly look down and pretend I'm on my phone and look at the time, 7:00. Our movie time.

"Charli, I think it's time for our movie," I say standing up holding his hand as we walk to our assigned cinema room.

"Jordyn?" 

I can hear Grayson call out to me, but I don't turn. I'm scared for some random reason. Luckily Charli didn't hear him call or he would go crazy for Grayson.

He definitely LOVES Grayson. 

We enter the cinema room where we are watching the movie and find our assigned seats.