Settle The Obsession

10:34 am

You've been laying on the floor for a few minutes, shivering from the harshly cold breeze. You needed to calm down, so you slowly rose up from your position and began taking deep breaths. You had to settle your obsession. You walked out shyly, and you saw them. The two men sitting at a table, looking through the catalog of cakes.

'Well, this is good, they're just looking through the catalog, and are probably indecisive at the moment, you know how couples are.'

"(Y/N), there you are!", the taller man greeted peering up at you.

'Oh well, now you're fucked.'

"H-h-hey you guys...", you stuttered. "We were quite worried about you, where were you?", the blonde man asked. " I uhm....well my mum was i-in our break room a-and uhm....", you uttered, "we were just decorating." "Oh, lovely. What kind of decorations?", Brian asked. "Y'know, the summer ones. With the palm trees and the pineapples.....", you rambled. "Oh yeah, quite typical for a family owned bakery, isn't it?", Roger asked. "W-well my mum likes to keep things simple for seasonal things and occasions.", you replied. "She needs to be a little creative don't you think?", Brian questioned putting the catalog down. "Yeah, I guess so.", you sighed.
"Besides the pineapples and palm trees, maybe she could add surfboards or even a sunny, and maybe coconuts. Make it really summer!", Brian suggests as Roger looked through the catalog again.

"Speaking of pineapples and coconuts and all that other summer stuff, could that be the flavor of our wedding cake?", he asked. Your heart just dropped. "Oh yeah sure, babe, but we're gonna have to keep the navy blue and silver theme going.", Brian replied coming up to you. "D-do you know what style would you like it?", you nervously asked. "Could we possibly combine them?", he asks. "You really think so, Bri? You're very creative at this.", Roger responded. "Y-yes, it's possible, i-it wont cost much, honest. Since your theme colors are navy and silver, I'd have it tall, lacey and metallic. The first two layers would be navy, decorated in pearls and lace, and the bottom layer would be a metallic silver.", you rambled.

The two men were left speechless. You quickly took note by writing your thoughts down on a nearby notepad. "You ma'am are so expressive and creative!", Brian spoke, you blushed lightly. "R-really?", you asked, he nodded. "Don't forget we'd want the flavors to be pineapple and coconut.", Roger called out. You quickly wrote that down. Brian stopped you and held your writing hand. You looked up at him blushing.

"Br-brian I..."

"We've been meaning to ask you something.", Roger says coming up. "Yes, we have.", Brian replied. You gulped hard. "You know our wedding day is July 23rd, which is a day in between our birthdays apparently. We've been planning this wedding since May. Last night at the party, we came out with the news about our marriage. Everyone's invited.", Brian started. "We almost have everything ready, we have bridesmaids and all, but....unfortunately, we don't have a maid of honor....", Roger continues.

"S-so...", you uttered. "(Y/N), we've only know you for a little bit, but over time, you've become a great friend of ours.", Brian stated. Roger pushes over a small velvet box on the counter. You looked down at it, confused and surprised.

"Wh-what are you...."

Roger immediately opened the tiny velvet box, inside was a jaded quartz ring, a bow shaped jewel on top. "(Y/N), will you do us a huge favor, and be our maid of honor?", Brian asked smiling. You clenched your chest in shock, you couldn't say no. "Oh how sweet, guys, of course I will. It's such an honor.", you said. Roger took the ring out of the box and placed it on your ring finger. "Thank you for accepting, (Y/N), we're so glad you did....", Brian beamed. "I know you two, I'm pretty hyped, so is (friend's name), she's definitely excited.", you reply. "That's nice, anyways, we have the order written down.", Roger said passing a little piece of paper to you.  

"Well, I guess we'll talk later, (Y/N). Come on, Rog, we have to go see where it'll be held...", Bri says. They both headed their way out the bakery, waving goodbye to you.

You stuffed the paper in your back pocket and stared at the ring. "Maid of Honor.", you whispered to yourself.