Part 9

~~Logan~~

Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbee-

I jolt awake and sit up.

"What?"

What was that dream about?

I can't remember...

I never have dreams.

I check my watch 6:45.

I should probably get up.

I walk into the kitchen and look at the stove. I feel a twinge of a memory.

What is going on with me?

What was my dream about?

Pancakes.....

Crofters....?

Isn't that a jelly brand?
I've never even tasted it, I just saw it in a store once.
I think I liked it?

(I was just reading over it and he does say that he likes Crofters in an earlier chapter but he actually hasn't tried it before in this universe so ignore the earlier comment about him having it).

I had pancakes too. They tasted good. Too bad I can't cook.

I grab a pot noodle from the cupboard and put the kettle on. I know it isn't healthy but Ill eat something healthy tomorrow.

The water finishes and I pour it into the cup of dehydrated noodles.

I stir it, I wait and I eat it.

It feels like my life is just a cycle.

Eat.

Sleep.

Work.

Repeat.

I check my watch again.

7:04

I should really get going.

I head out and start walking to work.

Why is my car taking so long to fix? I should have never lent it to him. He's such and irresponsible driver.

As I get lost in thought a voice suddenly makes me more aware of where I am.

"Hey Logan!"

I turn towards the voice, startled.

"Salutations Patton"

"How are you?" The smiling man says while grinning brightly at the me.

"I'm perfectly adequate Patton. I'm heading to work and I do not have to spend any extra hours at the office because of the work I did yesterday."

"You work a lot. I love my job! I just don't like that I don't have to work on Saturday and Sunday because I love the kids so much!"

I smile slightly at his constant happiness. How he keeps being happy all the time interests me.

"You seem to rather enjoy your work Patton."

"Yeah! I love it!! I get to teach the next generation loads of stuff they can use in the future." He pauses for a second and looks at me.

"Do you not like your work?"

"Well there isn't necessarily anything to like or dislike about it. Although the overtime can sometimes be something it makes good money and that's what is important. Having a steady paycheck that I can live comfortably with. I have a house, a car and food therefore yes I do like it."

Patton's tone suddenly got more serious.

"Logan.... You may think that, but you sound like you're trying to convince yourself what you're saying. Liking a job isn't about the money. I love everything about my job and I live in an apartment that won't let me have any pets. Logan... If you aren't happy with what you do then you should do something that does make you happy and makes you excited to come into work everyday!"

I stare at the ground. Do I not like my job? I'm certainly not excited to go to work but I thought that was normal. Maybe I should think about what Patton said...

I look down at my watch 7:21

"I really should be going now Patton goodbye."

I can't help but see the man's face drop a little as I say that.

"Okay... Oh want my number so I can call you sometime? We can get coffee or something!" He says excitedly.

"Yes that sounds enjoyable. Here put your number into my phone." I say while handing my phone to Patton.

He sticks out his tongue slightly as he puts in his number. I feel a little bit of a memory.

"You okay there Lo?"

Lo? Never mind. I take the phone he hands to me and put in my number.

"See you later Lo!"

"Goodbye Patton".