Chapter 8

A/N: The majority of this chapter is just Alexa telling her story to the Queen so I apologise if you find that boring. 

The Queen sat calmly in front of me patiently waiting for me. In my mind, I was debating on what to tell her. Should I give her a basic timeline of events? Or, should I go into full detail of everything I remember? The latter was more length and I surely didn't have enough time for that. Of course, I wouldn't have time for any of my story if I didn't make up my mind soon.

"I was 3 when I was kidnapped from my pack. I don't really remember how it happened just that it happened. I fought back as much as a 3-year-old could but, obviously, it wasn't enough. I remember crying for a week straight, ignoring everyone around me. Alpha Black, the bastard who kidnapped me, finally had enough of me and slapped me. From then on, I was hit for every tiny mistake. But the beatings weren't all slaps.

"He whipped me, cut me, burned me. Any kind of torture he could think of. He turned me into a lifeless- yet perfect- shell. I was nothing. He reminded me of that constantly but, when I was 12, he decided to give me a purpose. A dreadful purpose. He told me that I existed only to please men like himself. He forced himself on me- a twelve-year-old! After he raped me, his 17-year-old son, Malcolm decided to use me too. I felt disgusted with myself. I asked myself, 'How could I let them do that to me?' Artemis, my wolf, was there for me. She reminded me that I was a child who had no training and was drugged. I didn't stand a chance against two guys.

"After that day, he made other people use me or torture me. It didn't matter if they had a mate or not. Or if they didn't want to do it. They had to. They didn't have a choice. Even though I wanted to die, I had one hope- my mate. Artemis assured me that he'd find me one day and save me from my own personal hell. I expected a knight in shining armour but-" I stopped myself from saying more.

Jackarse didn't want me to tell his mum and I understand that. But, I had a right to inform her, my therapist about him. I might need her help dealing with my mate. I have to live with him now and I don't know how long I can pretend I'm fine with it. Nevertheless, can I really tell her about her son?

What if she's disappointed in him? What if she sees him differently? I don't want that. Even though he is a jerk to me, I still think he will make a good king. Being a well-known werewolf, I made sure to keep up with politics. I've read about how my mate has helped the kingdom and how he plans to help in the future. When I was in a coma, I heard him talk patiently about his kingdom and I know he would make an amazing king. There is no doubt in my mind.

"But?" The Queen inquired. Her curious eyes studied me. Trying to figure out what I was trying to hide. "You know anything you say will stay in this room. Even if it is about my son," she assured me. "Don't give me that look. I know my own son and I know something happened between you two. He is never rude to anyone except you. Frankly, I don't understand why."

I sighed. Maybe I should tell her. He wouldn't find out and maybe I could tell my side of the story without making his mum hate him. Maybe I'm overthinking this. All I have to do is tell my story then I'll deal with the damage later. Goddess, this wasn't smart. "I don't know what day it was but I know it was the day before my 18th birthday though. Alpha Black told me that the future king was coming and that he knew everything. He told me there was no point in telling him anything because the future king agrees that I'm useless. That I deserved everything.

"I didn't really believe Alpha Black until I meant him. The moment we meant I knew we were mates as did he. However, the first thing he said to me was, 'I can't believe the Moon Goddess paired me with someone as worthless as you'. I-I didn't know what to say. He was my only hope and without him, I lost all motivation to live. I remember standing there silently crying as he kept insulting me. He was so disappointed that he left, forgetting to reject me.