The Great Lake Escape

A/N: Hey there! This is the first part to a series of oneshots I will be calling "The Dorm Room Series". They're going to be oneshots based off of College. Any and all mistakes are mine. Enjoy.

Word Count: 3,048

Summary: Jade surprises Tori at her dorm over winter break. They go out and find themselves at a lake. One simple dare from Jade puts Tori in danger.

***

Jade and Tori are walking together, their hands interlocked between them. Snow lightly flurries from the sky, landing on the ground. They weren't far from Tori's dorm room. Jade had surprised Tori for Christmas, flying in to be with her as Tori wasn't going home due to a fallout with her parents. Jade had sworn she'd never seen her girlfriend happier.

***

Jade steps out of the Uber, grabbing her backpack from the seat next to her. She closes the car door and meets the Uber driver at the trunk. The Uber driver pulls Jade's small suitcase on the ground. Jade grabs the handle of her suitcase and extends the handle. Jade quickly thanks the Uber driver before making her way to Tori's dorm.

This isn't Jade's first time visiting Tori at her dorm, so Jade easily found her way to Tori's dorm. As Jade makes her way across the courtyard area, she watches as people pull suitcases behind them as they leave campus. Jade makes her way into Tori's dorm building. She steps toward the elevator, pressing the up button to call the elevator. The elevator doors open, and Jade waits for the people in it to exit before stepping in. She presses the button for the fourteenth floor and quickly presses the close door button as she sees people enter the building. The elevator doors close and the elevator starts to ascend.

The elevator comes to a stop and the doors open. Jade steps out and makes

Her way down the hallway towards Tori's dorm. Jade is hoping Tori's roommate has left already, not wanting to interact with her. Jade found Tori's roommate annoying. Jade reaches Tori's dorm and knocks on the door.

"Did you forget something aga-" Tori swings the door open. Tori stands in shock for a second before jumping at Jade, attacking her with a hug. Jade wraps her arms around Tori.

"It's good to see you too," Jade says with a chuckle.

Tori steps back from Jade, a bright smile on her face, "I can't believe you're here!" Tori exclaims. Tori dips back into her dorm, Jade following. Jade closes the door behind her and makes her way into the shared dorm room. Jade shoves her suitcase and backpack into a corner on Tori's side of the room. "Wait!" Tori says, turning to face Jade, "You told me you were going to visit your grandma."

"I couldn't tell you I was coming here," Jade says, "Then it wouldn't have been a surprise."

"I'm super glad you're here!" Tori says, "We can do fun wintery things!" Tori goes to her window and pulls the curtains back, the white brightness from the snow shining into the room. "We can have a snowball fight! We couldn't do that in California!"

Jade smiles as she listens to Tori talk about all the fun things they can do. Most of them being things they can do because of the cold and the snow. Tori chose a college in New York, quite far from Hollywood. Also, completely different. Tori has only been in New York for one semester, having just started college and Jade knows Tori loves it.

"I'm so excited!" Tori says, engulfing Jade into another hug. Jade wrapping her arms around Tori. "I still can't believe you're here!"

Jade dips her face into Tori's neck, taking in her smell. "Well, believe it, Vega," Jade says, "Because I'm here."