Shadow

Be prepared, I had to cut most of it out so sorry if you don't understand some parts of it.

Kai had been invited by one of their friends, Xisuma, to catch up with everyone on the Hermitcraft server. Kai hadn't seen everyone on a singular server since last season, leaving one new person this year. 

~Kai's PoV~

I look at the portal in the Nether Base Sky Hub, my friends Emerald (Emma) 
and Opal (Remy), are standing behind me, Emma saying that she will take care of the new recruits and Remy saying he will keep our 'boss' off our backs.  

I turn to Emma and Remy, hugging them both before jumping through the portal. These portals are different than the ones you would normally find in worlds that have players and Admins. This is because the first portal made by the Admin, will link to the NBSH.

I yelp as I land on a mix of stone, cobble and grass, some sand and gravel in places. I look up and see X stood with Mumbo, the two look at me smiling. 

''Hey Kai, see that you got the message'' X said, leaning down to help me up. I'm handed an elytra by Mumbo but show him my Phantom-like wings before taking off, X and Mumbo close behind, laughing at my playful mood.

~Time Skip~

Mumbo, X and I had reached the main island, I could see Joe, Cleo, Stress, Scar, Cub, Iskall. Nearly everyone was there. As soon as he saw me, Ren ran and gave me a hug, pulling away to give me a smile. I smile back at the dog hybrid before noticing something falling from the air behind Iskall. I run over, seeing broken Elytra on the players back. I push my hands out in front of me, catching the small hermit in black and purple shadows. 

"Grian, what happened there bro? Are you ok?" Iskall said, rushing to help the blond down from the magic cushion I summoned. 'Grian' nods as Mumbo, and X run over too,"It's unlike you to not have a spare Elytra G, you sure you're ok?" X was checking his stats, seeing that the spare Elytra had also broken and that the fall damage had cancelled out because of my magic. 

~Xisuma's PoV~ 

Overall, Grian's stats were fine, health and hunger were full, last time he slept, one day ago, he will be phantom hunting to get his Elytra back to working properly. He isn't injured physically and he hasn't been in the last 48 hours. so the question is,
 Why did he fall.

~Grian's PoV~

Why do they look familiar? As soon as I had gotten near, my Elytra had stopped working. I had fixed them just this morning, I don't understand!

~3rd person~

Grian was confused, the other Hermits were concerned and Kai was wondering if this was their fault. Kai may be a fully trained Watcher, but they didn't fully know how and what could happen with things when they came into their aura of magic. They already knew that arrows always dodged them and negative potions had the opposite effect. Now they had found that Elytra would break if the player was flying. After a last checkup, everyone was taken to the ConCorp Country Club to play a good few rounds of golf.

~time skip: 1 year, 8 months
PoV: Kai~

I sigh as I watch from atop of Sahara, looking down at the used portal. None of the Hermits were here. Why was I unable to leave? Why couldn't I go with them? Is it because I'm a Phantom? Is that all I am in this world? To the universe?

Am I Just A Shadow?