Marriage...?

"Married..." Frankie whispered, staring blankly at the sand. Grace frowned and placed a hand on her shoulder, trying her best to comfort her. "I know this must be tough for you.." "Nope! I'm fine." Suddenly Frankie sprouted up from her position and was shrugging it off. "Let's get you packed, Mrs. Skolka!" She started heading back to the beach house and Grace was stunned. "I-I'm not sure if I'm taking his last name!" She exclaimed, eventually standing up. "And I'm in no hurry, Frankie! Wait up!" Frankie was far ahead of her, pretending not to hear. Grace eventually caught up, already breathless. "Frankie.." she grabbed her arm but Frankie quickly turned to her. "What?" She asked, smiling but her tone clearly wasn't as happy as her face was. "You're not okay... you never do this! This-this isn't you! If you need to talk that's okay! Why don't you grab that talking stick of yours and we can chat?" Desperate blue eyes gazed into Frankie's hazel optics. Frankie couldn't look at her too long, she turned back around and walked into the beach house. "What's there to talk about? You're married Grace! And you should move in with your husband as soon as possible. Let's move on with our new lives. I need to be more independent anyways." Frankie walked into the kitchen with Grace close behind. "Now... lets start separating things." "Frankie!" Grace shouted, her tone a little louder than she wanted it to be. Frankie turned to her. "What?! You want me to say something? Well, let me say this Mrs. Skolka, I'm happy for you! Okay?! Why can't you just drop it?!" Frankie shouted, a moment of silence followed, then Grace spoke. "Aren't you going to miss me? Miss... this?" She inquired, in a half broken tone as tears threatened to fall from her eyes. Frankie's emotions were running wild as she found herself glued to Grace's broken features. She didn't know what to say... of course she'd miss everything about them. Nothing would be the same... Nick would take Grace away from her. Yet again, Grace didn't seem to happy... perhaps she married Nick out of spite. To prove a point after their argument. No, no! Frankie, stop that. She's in love with him, not you. Frankie shrugged. "I suppose. But I need to get used to being on my own. You don't know what it's like, and be grateful you won't." She could picture it now, Grace and Nick's new home. It wouldn't be anywhere as cozy as their home. It'd be sterile, filled with new electronic gadgets that Nick could of course afford. Grace frowned, not wanting that answer. She grabbed her purse and stormed out. It broke Frankie's heart to see Grace so upset... but it had to be this way. Frankie had to protect her heart before it breaks anymore.