1

When Dana woke up that morning, she had no idea what the world had in store for her and it would put her to the test in more than one way.

Normally, Dana woke up to the sound of her lovely annoying alarm clock. Groaning and tempted to knock it off her nightstand, she would throw her hand over in an attempt to try and hit the clock. After the third try, it worked. She would get out of bed and jump in the shower. Lucky for her she already lived at her place of work so no commute to work. Working for a noble Scotsman had its perks. Though at times she felt those were few and far between.

After getting out of the shower she would get dressed. Then do her hair and make up before rushing down to the cook and grab a quick breakfast and cup of coffee. Her hair was usually tied up in a tight bun but today she had no time for that so as she made a run to the kitchen the head chef Glen looked at her as though he didn't recognize her.

"Since when do ya wear yer hair down lass?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Since I decided to do so, don't start Glen, I have to go awake his royal pain in the butt." Dana commented putting a bagel in her mouth.

"Still don't see why you left a publishing job in America to come be his assistant." Glen sighed as he turned to go back to his work.

"This was only suppose to be temporary, only to do research and I do need money so I thought it was a fair trade at first." Dana sighed.

"And now?"

Right after Glen asked his question, an alarm on Dana's phone went off. Time to wake her noble pain in the bum. Rolling her eyes she ate the rest of her food and took the tray that was waiting to be handed off to her employer. She settled herself before leaving the kitchen and making her way to her bosses bedroom. Not bothering to knock on the door because she had learned after the first fiasco that he wanted to be woken up calmly not with the sound of knocking on the door. She took a deep breath and walked into the room, the lights gentle turned on and she heard a loud thump from the other side of the bed. Rolling her eyes she didn't bother to look at whatever date had managed to stay the night.

"Where am i-'' the unknown voice asked before Dana heard the woman become sick on the floor.

'I am so not cleaning that up.' Dana thought to herself as she went to her bosses side of the bed.

"What time is it?'' her boss mumbled not even turning his head her way.

"Time to get up, you have a tour of the grand hall today to promote investments in the future of this place." Dana said as she went to the table and sat the breakfast tray upon it. "There is your food."

Going to the windows she opened the heavy drapes and opened them allowing the sun to intrude on the dark room. The date hissed as though she were a vampire. Not that it would really shock Dana to find out one of his dates were. Duncan McLaughlin groaned as he pushed himself up on his elbows and looked at his empty side of the bed.

"Was I alone Dana?" Duncan asked still not even looking her way.

"She's thrown up on the other side, Hamish will clean it and take her home." Dana replied as she turned to Duncan.

Duncan motioned for her to come closer and with a small eye roll, Dana leaned down so Duncan could whisper in her ear. He held onto her trying to steady himself as his lips were nearly in her ear.

"What's her name?" he asked and Dana held back a chuckle.

"I have no idea sir." She replied in a whisper. "I suggest you hurry the investors will be here at 10 so you have only and hour to sober up."

With that, Dana turned and went into the bathroom, walking right over the woman now passed out on the ground. She turned on the shower then went to his closet to pick out the clothes that would make him look presentable. Duncan on the other hand stood up and put his robe on only to see the woman passed out on his floor. He looked down at her puzzled, almost as though he had no recollection whatsoever.