Whale Island (Part 2)

Gon's POV
"Gon." Killua says looking up into the night sky "Hm?" I say turning to him "I wonder how people make wishes on stars, like does it even work?" He asks looking at me then back at the stars "Well your wish has to be super sincere to you in order to come true. I used to wish upon them all the time my wishes didn't work." I say looking down at the fire. "What did you wish for?" Killua asks looking at the fire as well "I wished that my dad would come home." I say as my eyes start to tear up and I turn away "Oh..." Killua says. There's a silence and the crackle of the fire is only heard. "Well I think I should try this wish thing and you can make a new wish." Killua says with a smile, I nod clasping my hands together and we both look up at the sky and a shooting star zips through the sky into darkness "Made your wish?" I say looking over to him "Yep." Killua replies and we both laugh.

Killua's POV
Is it normal to feel like my heart to going to stop? I feel overwhelmed in happiness, what does this mean? I shake my head pushing the thoughts away. "What was your wish? Mine was fo-" "SHHH! Your not supposed to say your wish out loud or it won't come true!" Gon says putting a hand over my mouth. "We have to keep them secrets until they come true." He smiles and removes his hand from my mouth. I feel my heart race as he smiles, is something wrong with me? "I think we should start to head back, it seems pretty late." Gon says standing up and brushing himself off. "Yeah." I say and Gon offers me his hand, I blush and take his hand. He pulls me up and then starts to walk back without letting go of my hand. This feels nice, wait what am I thinking?! I don't like him do I?!

Author's Note
Aloha! Did y'all miss me? I'm so sorry for not uploading for literally a while. I hope you guys will enjoy the upcoming chapters, I'm trying to go back into a regular uploading schedule with posting at least twice a week. I have a published story (not completed) and another in the works, I'm open to feedback so feel free to comment I will most definitely respond! Anyways I will see y'all in the next chapter bye bye! :)