worried

⚠️ triggers: alcohol

based off the song WORRIED by atlas

word count: 2516

〜〜〜

wilbur's pov

i sat down at my desk in my room, trying to gather the strength to begin my homework. finding any means to avoid my assignments, i stared blankly out of the window in front of me, just watching the trees sway in the wind.

a movement in the corner of my eye caught my vision, making me involuntarily shoot my eyes in that direction.

it was starting to get dark out, so it was hard to make out what i was seeing, but it was definitely a figure moving.

i watched as the figure moved closer to the street, and the illuminating street lights helped me to see her face.

it was y/n.

y/n was my next door neighbor. we used to be good friends, but we don't talk as much anymore.

i watched her as she took a swig of what appeared to be alcohol that she was holding.

since when did y/n drink?

she kept walking, making her way to the sidewalk in front of all our houses. she stood there for a minute or two before i saw a car pull up in front of her. she got in the car and they drove away.

i thought it was weird.

later that night, i heard what sounded like booming laughter from outside. i curiously walked over to my window, leaning over my desk to see what was going on.

it was y/n and someone i couldn't identify because it was too dark. they were both coming back out of the car which i assume had just gotten back. they were both shouting and laughing and giggling and being really loud.

they both had bottles of alcohol and were taking sips between their fits of noise.

i assumed that this was a one time thing for y/n. back when i knew her, she never acted like this. she never drank or went out late.

maybe i just don't know her that much anymore.

i shrugged it off and went back to what i was doing, ignoring the continuous laughter and drunken states of both teenagers outside.

the next night the same thing happened. y/n was leaving late at night again, obviously drunk.

i ignored it again, it wasn't any of my business.

i kept trying to ignore it every single night for over a week until one of our mutual friends came up to talk to me about it at school.

they told me how y/n isn't okay.

they asked me i've noticed how y/n has been going out a lot lately, and i told them that i had noticed. they then told me what she was doing, going out with friends to random people's houses, getting blackout drunk and high, hanging out with bad people, and more that they didn't feel comfortable sharing with me.

i was shocked. y/n wasn't like this.

they told me that i should talk to her and maybe she'll listen to me because i'm her good friend, and i replied by telling them that we don't talk anymore.

they asked why.

i didn't know how to reply.

when i got home that night, i was feeling anxious while waiting to see if y/n would go out.

i planned to go out and talk to her when i saw her.

a little while later, i saw something move outside and sure enough it was her.