Desire

Hau and Moon prepared for a summer festival/party, excitedly getting ready, looking their best and feeling determined to pick up at least one partner tonight.

"Moon, hurry up! Lets get this party started already, I intend to get wasted", Hau proclaimed proudly, thoroughly enjoying being a recent 18 year old. Moon grinned while applying a generous amount of black eyeshadow, creating a smoky effect. She really wanted to go all out tonight. She ignored his whining, and posed a curious question: "So Hau..you looking for anyone tonight?", at that question Hau leaned back against her bed, and stared out the window with a tinge of redness on his cheeks, "maybe.." he replied shortly, avoiding eye contact.

Although they were best friends, he still got terribly embarrassed at how forward Moon could be. He had become a recent adult with very little 'experience' with women, while Moon was 20 years old with few experiences under her belt, but experience nonetheless.

Moon started to apply a smooth wing of eyeliner, a bold look that just felt so right tonight. She sighed, "Hau, honey, Im not blind. I see how you look at a certain group of girls when we go out to the bar. No doubt they'll be out tonight. Pick one and hit it off with them, have some fun!" She exclaimed excitedly, turning to face him with a large smile plastered on her face, and only one wing of eyeliner on. Hau snorted at her not-yet-finished makeup, and dared to give a cheeky smirk, "Ah, yeah, I guess youre right. But Moon, I gotta say, you're a real beauty tonight. No doubt YOU'LL be attracting some attention", Hau admitted honestly. He couldn't lie about finding his friend attractive, especially with how well done up she'll look tonight. He found her drop dead gorgeous. However, they had respectable boundaries.

Moon gave a shy smile and patted his knee "Thank you, lets hope I find a decent guy. As for you..keep dreaming buddy!" She laughed as he huffed and turned a shade darker. Hau didn't stay bothered for long, and soon his typical smile returned. "I will keep dreaming, believe me", he winked and laughed along with her, a small blush forming on Moons cheeks.

After about an hour, Hau supposed Moon was finally finished. Her makeup was stunning, dark looking eyes with a dark red lipstick. Moon had styled her silver hair into simple loose curls that cascaded down her back, and after allowing her some privacy to change, he was admittedly blown away by her dress too. A simple black dress, yes, but very short, and very fitted. She didnt look trashy though, she looked sexy. Her red heels definitely added to her look.

Moon coughed, "Finished gawking at me, sweetie?" She questioned mockingly with a smile. Hau blinked and looked to her face quickly, evidently embarrassed. "S-sorry, Moon. You look amazing tonight! Im starting to feel protective over you!" He laughed shyly, one hand behind his head nervously. He then gave a genuine smile, "but honestly, you look brilliant. I cant wait!", returning to his typical, excitable self, Hau ran out the door, "Come on, lets go!"

Moon rolled her eyes and chuckled, "dont you dare scare off any guys for me Hau! And alright, alright, im coming."

-------------------------

The festival had started out beautifully, with food and drinks for all. Kukui, Hala, all the Kahunas - everyone was there! As the night went on, all the children went home, and the party began. Luckily for Moon and Hau, Hala and Kukui retired home early, telling them to be good. Kukui looked at Moon with slight concern in his eyes, "You've certainly grown up, cuz." He mumbled, not the biggest fan of her attire. He had become a father figure to her, after all. He then sighed softly and smiled once again, "be safe, yeah? Enjoy yourselves!" He beamed, and then departed with his wife. Moon was going to be the death of him, he believed.

Since she was 17 and he started notice boys looking at her differently, he struggled to not mention anything to her. Luckily for Moon, Kukuis wife was always there to stop him from blabbing. "Shes a young woman, let her enjoy!", Kukui shrugged, "I know what boys are like..but yes, ill let them enjoy for tonight. And only tonight. Ill text them both in the morning.." he chuckled, knowing he'd never stop being protective.