satisfy a wife (Jorah x Lyness)

Ser Jorah Mormont was not a handsome man.

At three-and-thirty, newly knighted--for valor in battle, the first through the breech at the Siege of Pyke--he discovered that one need not look like Rhaegar Targaryen to wear the favor of a highborn and beautiful lady in a tourney, or to win her hand in marriage. It wasn't even necessary for pleasing her in bed.

Though bed, it seemed, was the only place on Bear Island that Jorah could please his new Lady Mormont. Consequently, they spent a deal of time there. But a lord, even a minor one of a poor island, could not be every moment in the arms of his wife. He must find some other way of keeping her happy here in his hall--something that would not empty his already depleted coffers, thanks to the harper and Southron cook he'd taken into his employ--not to mention the fine new clothes and jewels she'd insisted on before their recent visit to Winterfell.

His plan, ironically, required more time in bed. They'd just made love on waking, but rather than get up and wash and dress and leave the refuge of their bedchamber, Jorah lingered over her, kissing her red hardened nipples, stretching his hand, from the tip of his thumb to the tip of his little finger, across the span of her hips. For the first time in years, he remembered the joy and wonder he had found when he thought Erena would give him sons--two of the babes had been; the other bled away too soon to know its sex.

It would not be so for Lynesse. She was young and strong...and how he loved her. How much more his love would increase, as she did with his child in her.

Smiling, he kissed down the valley between her breasts until he came to her navel, and kissed that as well.

Lynesse parted her legs on either side of him. "I'm ready for you again, my sweet bear, if that's what you're thinking."

His breath caught in his chest, and so did his heart, as he lifted his head from her flat, pale stomach to look her in the eye.

"I was just thinking...What if that time I put a babe in your belly? That would make you happy, wouldn't it, sweetling?" As Bear Island failed to do.

Catelyn misliked Winterfell at first, too, Ned Stark had told him, not because Jorah solicited his liege lord's advice--a man had his pride, and Ned had been vocal in his disapproval of the match. It seemed Lynesse had told Lady Stark that Bear Island did not suit her, and Catelyn begged her husband speak to him; Ned had done her bidding, though it had embarrassed him as much as it did Jorah. Once the children came along, she found she could make her home anywhere. And you have one advantage I did not, of already having your lady wife's love.

Jorah's lady wife's legs went slack on the feather tick, and she made a face not dissimilar to the ones inspired by the old cook's stews and roasts.

"I should say not! A fat belly and sagging tits and a loose cu--"

"That is not the way of it!"

"My sister Denys says it is. It did not make her happy, and it will not make me happy. Would it make you happy, Jorah, to have a used-up cow for a wife?"

Though her lack of enthusiasm dismayed him, Jorah tried not to let it show. He lay facing her on his side, legs entwined, and cupped her face in his hands as he looked her full in the eyes.

"When I first beheld you, I thought you were the goddess come down to earth."

She beamed at his compliment, as she always did no matter their quarrel, and she looked more ethereally beautiful than ever. Jorah swallowed. Was it right to ask anything more of this woman when he was already blessed above all other men that she had deigned to be a poor lord's wife?

"You will always be so to me, no matter how many babes you bear--and the Mother is a goddess, as well as the Maiden."

"And so is the Crone," Lynesse muttered with a scowl. But the expression quickly changed to a wide-eyed imploring one as she mirrored Jorah's position, holding his face in her small, soft hands, her thumbs stroking his stubble. "You married a young wife. Surely you don't want to spoil me so soon."

"I have already spoiled you," Jorah said, rolling her onto her back and straddling her again. He tried to be cross with her, but found himself kissing her instead, and hardening as the tip of his cock brushed the warmth between her open thighs.

Even as her body yielded to his, he knew that he was the one who would surrender this argument, as he had all the others. For the sake of her happiness he would tell her that for now, of course, she was right, of course; there was a long time yet before they must worry about children.

So Jorah spilled his seed on Lynesse's belly, and told himself that so long as he had her love, it did not matter that he had no heir for his hall of pines.