Chapter Six

Haileys POV

As I sat in the back of the transfer Van I closed my eye and thought about what I was going to tell mum, if she even wants to know me now. I let a tear roll down my cheek, maybe I should have told mum way before now what dad would to to me. If I had told mum then I wouldn't have been so thoughtless and stabbed him with a knife, I wouldn't be on my way to prison, although I'm 17 they are sending me to Wentworth as I'm 18 in two months, they don't want to send me to a young offenders and then move me to Wentworth after my trial.

"I'm such a idiot" I mumbled to myself, I was lucky that none else was in the van; just me but that wasn't the best of things either; I think more when I'm alone; it's not good when I think more. The Van soon pulled to a stop and the back doors open relieving two women, one who was brunette; I recognised her and the other being blonde, I stood up and climbed down from the van, my hands still cuffed, I looked up at the prison, it was massive.

"Hailey what have you got yourself into this time" Vera rolled her eyes; she knew through Mum that I had been getting into trouble over the last few months.

"I know I know; my mums going to be disappointed, angry. I know I made one stupid mistake and I've ruined the future I wanted but I know I was in the wrong" I rolled my eyes, knowing she was going to tell my mum I was here.

"Mum doesn't even know I'm here, she's going to be so angry" I sighed heavily as Miss Bennett and the blonde officer who I found out to be called Miss Miles told me, I was taken for my strip search before I was moved to the area which signs you into the prison. Seeing as I was almost 18 they put me into an adult prison, I don't understand why though.

"Name?" The man asked.

"Hailey-Anne Grace Westfall" I said my full name which felt like the millionth time in the last day. The man who's name read Will Jackson.

"Dare of birth?" He then asked

"3rd June 1997" I nodded, watching him write down my birth date.

"Your 17 then?" He asked looking confused, I was confused too, I mean why was I in a adult prison.

"Next of kin?" Mr Jackson asked

"My mum, Bridget Westfall" as I said my mums name Mr Jackson nodded.

"Does your mum know your here?" Mr Jackson asked, simply I shook my head. Soon I was aloud to go, not that I knew where I was going.

"This is Doreen, she's Peer Worker, she'll show you around" Mr Jackson soon tells me and I nodded, I held the basket with my things in, I knew mum was going to be disappointed in me and Katie; I had let her down.

"What unit is She in Mr Jackson?" Doreen asked since neither of us knew

"H1" he said before walking of. I felt awkward being the only one in my normal clothes, I knew when I was sentenced I would get the proper 'uniform' even though it wasn't a uniform, it looked like one; with everyone dressed the same.

"So what's your name?" Doreen asked asked me.

"Hailey" I smiled introducing myself to the older woman.

"You seem abit young to be in here" Doreen spoke her thoughts, I nodded slightly

"I'm 17, just over 3 months I then 18 I don't have a clue why they didn't send me to a juvenile Center" I admitted as Doreen showed me to H3.

"They'll be your cell" Doreen informed me showing me to a cell in her unit. I placed my  basket down, I picked up the photo of Katie and i. We were both laughing, happy which was rare for Katie. It was the only photo I had until mum finds out I'm in here and when she brings me some photos in, i had already for Katie our onto my call list and visit list to

"Come meet everyone" Doreen suggested and I nodded anxiously. I stood by Doreen anxiously.

"Guys meet the new girl" Doreen announced, I smiled my small smile.

"Hi" was all I said, the five other women introduced themselves and it was my turn to now introduce myself.

"I'm Hailey-Anne Westfall and I'm 17" I shrugged, they all seemed to recognise my last name, probably through my mum.

"Are you related to Bridget; the physiatrist by any chance?" Liz asked me, it was probably the question that was going through everyone's minds.

"She's my mum, she doesn't even know I'm in here." I admitted; I used my only call on Katie, I couldn't face calling mum

"You should have been able to call her" Bea told me but I shook my head.

"I could have but I called my girlfriend, I couldn't bring myself to call her; I've let her down" I admitted. I excused myself and took myself into my cell. I sat on the bed and brought my knees into my chest.

"You alright?" Maxine asked me opening the cell door.

"I'm just peachy" I sighed not taking my eyes off the photo I was holding; the photo of Katie and I.

"It gets easier, stick with us and follow the rules then we will look out for you. Bea is top dog; what she says goes" Maxine sits beside me and I nodded.

"Now you going to tell me why you lied about how you are?" Maxine asked already able to tell when I'm lieing.

"Mum will be disappointed in me, I had got into trouble once or twice but this time I screwed my life up. I've let mum down and I didn't even call her to tell her" I finally broke down in floods of tears as I realised what I had done.

"Hey, it'll be alright" Maxine pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks" I said still crying however I wiped my eyes and tried to smile.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Maxine changes the subject to the photo in my hands.

"Yeah" a small smile formed on my face as I began to calm down.

"Tell me about her" Maxine realised she made me happy and talking about her would help me calm down.

"Her names Katie and she has a pretty big family, three older siblings and three younger siblings, her mums funny and is an amazing cook." I smiled thinking about Katie, I imagine her smiling at me and holding my hands.

"She's part Italian, her mum was born and raised in Italy, moving to Australia with her husband Katie's dad when they were pregnant with their first child, Katie's brother." I paused again.

"We've only been in a relationship for two months. She was my best friend since we were little but she's faced so much in her life, she's tried to commit suicide and I don't think i could face loosing her if she tried again. The last time she tried I spoke her out of it, I would stay up all night to make sure she wasn't alone, although it was through call I wouldn't let her go through her tough times alone" I admitted everything Katie had been through and I had been with her through it all.

"She looks like she's a fighter, with you by her side and her by your side, things will be fine. I promise" Maxine smiled although we didn't really know that. None did, Life was unpredictable and I knew that now.