Part One

I am the Son of Suns     -

Practice 11920-1

Open/ext: windy day without a cloud in the sky.

A teenage boy walks through knee high grass in a daze.
His sleeping gown is singed and covered in ashes.

HE hear a whimper. He moves to the sound, and finds a native four legged beats covered in fur. It whimpers as if no one is there.

The sound disturbs his stomach, he is pushes the feelings away. Water wells up in the beast eyes and now He can see the fear and anguish in its eyes.

He kneels down slowly reaching out, the beast's gaze tracks his hands movements closely. Its fur is natted and roughto, he trys to smooth it down. The whimpering lessens, but it only shows how bad in shape it is. Its clear that its having trouble breathing.

As he stroking it's bone white fur, his fingers three fingers and thumb find the hallow spaces between its ribs.

The fact that he can feel its ribs, leaves him with a sickening feeling.
Without touching his own, he to is in a similar state.

They are starving,

He looks around at the tree line as if expecting a plate of hot food to appear out of nowhere. He realizes that it doesn't have the energy to move let alone hunt down any food. He raises to one knee ready to hunt down life giving sustenance.
The beast is quick to whimper. It knows that it is its time and craves an audience to its passing.

He can only sigh in understanding; He watches as It's eyes glaze over; whimpering subsides into a shallow raspy breathing. He thinks to himself "It doesn't have long now."

It boney legs twitch as it passes from this world into the next.

He gently stroke the little beast. As he recalls his father's words. He wonders if it will understand, he says them anyway.
"Calm yourself LITTLEONE. It is the way of things."

Said to comfort himself as much as the Littleone.
The beasts eyelids shutter closed.
The boys heart is pounding in his chest. But his knees pick up vibrations of something.

"It must be big."

He turns his head in its direction, but it moves out of its line of sight.

He turns his head in the other direction as his ears pick up the sounds of disturbed grass behind him. With his heart now keeping into his throat He turns his whole body to see a black furred beast sprinting at him.
His throat tightens.

Looking down as the LITTLEONE.
Does this one think he harmed it?  The Boy raises his hands in the air to show no harm has come from him to the LITTLEONE.

The black furred beasts K9s snap at the LITTLEONE, but its a bad grab and the little one is flung past the boy.

The boy is stunned by the display...
Its not right.
The bigthing growls at him as it slowly gets closer.