𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Mikey's POV

It was 6th period, lunch. Bronny and i were at our regular table talking to our friends Julian and philix.

"So how's you and your lil girlfriend mike?" Julian asked.

"That nigga hasn't even gotten her number yet and you fought someone for her smh." Bronny replies.

"I haven't even got the chance yet, damn." I say.

"That's no fucking excuse! You guys have every class together except for chemistry. Fuck is you talkin bout?"

"If it makes you guys happy, I'll do it after pm homeroom. So get off my dick!" I say as I roll my eyes.

"Nah, your ass better do it now cause you lil boo thang has been wit that new kid all day. And from what I heard, he gets a lot of bitches. And not to make you mad or anything but Leilani ain't so bad herself. Any guy would want her." Philix replies as he throws out his garbage.

I turn around to see Leilani and some guy sitting not far from our table.

"Why does it matter? He isn't gonna do it anyways..." bronny says.

"Oh really? Watch this..." I say as I get up from our table walking towards the both of them.

I hug Leilani from behind and she seems shocked.

"Hey mikey!" Leilani says in a surprised voice.

"Hey Lei. Who's this?" I ask.

"This is Jalen. He just moved here from Fresno."

"Oh hey." I say as I dap him up.

"He plays basketball like you. And he isn't bad at all. The most points he has ever scored in a game was 80." Leilani says.

I think to myself, Is that supposed to Impress me?

I start to notice that the more i look at this dude, he seems really familiar...

"Hey, weren't you in the overtime challenge with me and Larry?"  I ask.

"Now that I think about it yea. I couldn't participate though cause I broke my foot, remember?" He replied.

"Yea i do remember." I say as I shake my head.

"Well, Leilani can we talk for a bit?" I ask.

"Uhh not right now... I promised I would introduce jalen to the basketball coach during lunch. Maybe next period!" Leilani says as she and jalen get out of their seats.

"Oh okay. No problem!" I reply.

Leilani hugs me and walks out of the cafeteria with jalen.

I walk back to my lunch table seeing Philix, Julian and Bronny laughing at me.

"Why are you guys even laughing? You didn't even hear our conversation!" I respond rolling my eyes.