2. It's All Messed Up

Shivaay got up from his bed and looked at Annika in deep slumber , still in her wedding robes. He looked away. He still couldn't believe that he was married with Annika. God , he hated her. Hated was an understatement. But his family loved her. They were the ones who had brought her up and educated her. Just as he was thinking of all the mess in his life , his phone flashed. It was a message from Mallika. He picked up his phone and gulped. He hadn't told Mallika yet that he got married last night. How could he ? He loved Mallika , it would just break her heart into a million pieces. He decided to ignore her message and head for work. At  least there he would get some clarity.

Zoya was chewing the back of her pen while sitting on her desk. She was there in her cabin from the last two hours and she hadn't done a thing. She also had a splitting headache because of all the drinking that she had done last night. She had come to office because she was feeling suffocated in her own house because she now shared it with her husband Aditya Hooda, the man and whose ex wife  who had ruined her life and tossed it upside down.

She heard the door beside her cabin creak and looked up. Shivaay Singh Oberoi, the vice president of the company and her best friend had come. She looked at her watch, it was ten minutes past ten . That was very unlike Shivaay . He used to reach the office at nine everyday for the past ten years. Something was definitely wrong with him. She waited from him to come to her cabin after arranging his table and looking at his scheduled meetings. And as she had predicted  , Shivaay entered her cabin and sat down in the chair in front of her. She studied his face before asking "Are you alright ?"
Shivaay looked at her and said in an irritated voice "You think? The last I came this late to office was when my grandfather had passed away."
Zoya asked him calmly "What would you like to drink ? Coffee , Tea , Hot Chocolate or a Bourbon neat ?"
Shivaay said "Bourbon."

Zoya scrunched up her face and said "That bad, huh?"
She poured him the drink and one for herself as well and that is when Shivaay asked her concerned "Are you not fine as well?"
Zoya sipped her drink and said "You go first."
Shivaay took a large sip of her drink and then said slowly "I got married yesterday evening."

Zoya's eyes widened and said "To Mallika right ?"
Shivaay raised his eyebrows and said "Yes , and that's why I am so unhappy because I got married to the girl I love."
Zoya said "Then to whom?"
Shivaay gritted his teeth and said "Annika."

Zoya kept her glass down and said "What the fuck ? How ? Are you serious ?"
Shivaay said "Yes I am. I got married to Annika at 6:15 pm yesterday. My life has become a mess Zoya. I don't know what to do. And Mallika has been calling me since last might and messaging me. But I couldn't pick up her calls. What was I going to say to her ? What will I say to her?" His voice was cracking and Zoya held his hand tightly. Tears were swimming in his eyes. Zoya whispered "You can let it out Shivaay, it's okay. Just let it out. Don't hold it in."

Shivaay started crying and Zoya stroked his back. After 15 minutes he composed himself and said in a heavy voice "I can't believe my fate Zoya. I was going to propose to Mallika last night. But instead I am sitting besides Annika and taking all these wedding vows which I don't even believe in. And today morning when I saw her lying on couch in my room, all the hatred that I had for her just formed a tsunami inside me and I wanted to just... you know...."

Zoya said "Yes , I know. But from now on just keep in mind Shivaay that you can't do anything stupid or rash with her. You are her husband. She can sue you if she wants if you misbehave.
But what I can't understand is why did you marry her in the first place? Did that manipulative ass force you to?"
Shivaay said grimly "No. But the love for my parents did."

Zoya said "Please don't tell me you did it out of your own choice. "
Shivaay said "I didn't have any choice. As you will remember, I told you that Annika's wedding preparations were going on since the past one week. Well guess what , her fiance and the man that  she had chosen for herself didn't turn up yesterday evening. The media was there , our investors , relatives everyone was there. It would have been an embarrassment for my family if there wasn't groom present last evening. My dad asked me to do it because he didn't want Annika to face any problem and I did it to save my family's respect. And then Annika soon became Mrs. Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi. I can live in denial of our relationship but it won't change anything."

Zoya was listening to this story with her hand on her forehead and said finally  "Shivaay you ruined your life because of your family. A family that doesn't even treat you that well at times. What's this blind love you have for them. "
Shivaay retorted by saying "Zoya , you know how much my family name and lineage means to me. It's what has shaped me all these years. And I can go to any extent to protect my family name. As long as I am alive the good Oberoi name will never be ruined. "

Zoya rolled her eyes and said "It's worthless arguing with you."
Shivaay said "Leave all that. Tell me what happened to you last night ."

Zoya smirked and said "Oh well even i got hitched "again" yesterday."
Shivaay gave her a look of disbelief and said "I am sorry , what?"
Zoya said "Oh yes. Zoya Siddiquie, president of Fashion in the City got married to Mr. Aditya Hooda last evening."
Shivaay gasped at Aditya's name and said "This sounds ridiculous. What in the actual hell happened? That asshole forced you didn't he?  I swear to God I will kill him. He has created trouble ever since he stepped in your life. "

Zoya let out a small laugh and said "No. He didn't force me. You and I are no different when it comes to doing something for our family I guess. "

"Basically it was like a business deal between our fathers. Dad owed a lot of money to Waseem Siddiquie. And Mr. Siddiquie wanted his daughter to marry again so that she could move on. So he proposed that he would forgive all of my father's debt if I agreed to marry his daughter. And I did agree. Sona, you know how much I love dad , I would have travelled through fire if he had wanted me to . And I guess the same goes for her as well , even she can do anything for her dad so she respected his wishes and that's why are man and wife today." said Aditya in a sad voice to his childhood best friend Sonakshi Rastogi.

Sonakshi patted his face brushed his hair with her hand and said "I am so sorry Adi . And knowing all the problems you both share , it must be so difficult to live with her."

Aditya said "And she drinks a lot. Last night she must have finished at least 2 bottles of bourbon before fighting with me and falling asleep. You know how much drinking troubles me."
Sonakshi "I know honey. It's just terrible. Can you consider divorce after a few months. Because you will go mad after some time if it continues the same way."

"Divorce is out of question Rohit. We can't get divorced , because A: I can't do that to my family. They have done a lot for me. I can't let them become an embarrassment and B: Shivaay's grandmother is strictly agaisnt divorce in the family." said Annika to her best friend and fellow doctor Rohit.

Rohit said "Don't be an idiot Annika. It's not a 1980's hindi soap opera that you have to sacrifice your happiness for your family's sake. I understand that Shivaay's family have done a lot for you. They have treated you like their own daughter. But I don't think they would have wanted their own daughter to suffer in silence as well. You can't possible think of being with Shivaay for the rest of your life."

Annika said "Rohit , I get your point but you have to understand that it's my fault that we are in this situation."

"If that jerk didn't turn up at his own wedding , how is it your fault. Don't talk like an ass Annika. Speaking of that jerk , I had warned you. I had told you he would chicken out. And I was right wasn't I? So why can't you for once just listen to me." shouted Rohit.
Annika gave him a glass of water and said "Had a fight with Sonakshi again did you ?"

Rohit drank the water and said "It was our second anniversary. Can she at least for once try to think of us and not just her job. It's difficult to stay calm every year Annika. We are breaking apart and she doesn't even realize."

"I realize Adi. But it's just that he needs to understand that I am doing this for us. I am working on two shows now and its hectic. And I am doing this so that our future can be secure. It's a matter of another two years then everything will be alright." said Sona to a sympathetic Aditya.

"How can the future be secure when the present is in a mess. After a point we wont  have a future to secure anyway if things keep going this way. The love we have for each other is dying away and there's nothing she is doing about it." said an agitated Rohit and Annika hugged him and comforted him."

Waiting for your response on this chapter .  Would love to read your comments. Do let me know if you want any particular sequence to be added in this story and I will do so. Lots of love .
Cold Dragon