Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Nicholai's POV

To awake tangled in a heap of limbs and bodies of my male mates wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Mateus was pretty much acting as a shield against Imani and Damien who were terrible sleepers. One had their leg thrown over our waists while the other was hanging halfway off the bed. It actually made me laugh a little seeing them splayed out on the bed like this.

If you asked me a week ago if I would have been in a gay relationship I would have said hell no! But now I'm not even in a normal gay relationship and I don't care. Sure I'm still scared but I know that they wouldn't do anything that I wouldn't want them to do so I'm fine with whatever happens.

The light that poured in was a warm mixture of reds, purples, oranges and yellows signifying that the sun was setting. We slept well after our little fun time earlier. They were still asleep peacefully and I didn't want to wake them so I simply nestled my head back into Mateus' chest and listened to his heartbeat as I waited for them to wake.

"Babe...are you awake?" I heard Damien whisper minutes later.

"Yeah..." I called back although I didn't really know where he was. That's when the leg that was thrown over our waists began to shift off. Shaking my head I marveled in the fact that anyone could sleep like that. Peeking over Mateus' shoulder he smiled brightly at me before throwing himself over the older man.

"What are you doing Damien?"

"Well I was trying to get to my mate but you're kind of in the way..." He told him playfully. Mateus released me from his grip and rolled over causing Damien to fall to the floor with a loud thud. For a supernatural being his reflexes were in need of some help.

"Hey!" He shrieked bouncing back up from off the floor.

Imani growled at the sudden noise then scooted closer to me now that the Mateus barrier was gone. Damien climbed over Mateus and wrapped his arms around me as well. This kind of intimacy still made me a little nervous even after what happened earlier.

"Why so tense?"

"No reason..." I quickly lied.

"Then why do you look like you're not even breathing?" He was right, letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding I looked to him. He was smiling ear to ear as he laid there staring at me.

"What?"

"Nothing just thinking about our future."

"What about the future?"

"You'll be the ruler of two kingdoms."

"Huh?"

"Imani is your mate so you'll help to rule over his people and you're my mate so you'll help to rule over my people as well. Mateus will find himself in there somewhere since I don't know where he would fit considering he's more dominant than me and Imani put together." He mused.