An innocent smile

I looked out my window for the first time in months. I sensed them, more people. Do they never learn? I've been in this place all my life keeping to myself. I keep one room locked, it's my room.  Mine. They always try to open it; they think they own the place. But its mine I won't let them take it.

The victims keep piling up.

I'm not complaining though. The food keeps rolling in. the fresh blood tastes delicious. My fangs appeared and glistened in the small amount of sunlight reflecting in the room.  Then for the first time ever it happened. Someone looked up! A young girl. She looked so sweet and innocent.

I must protect her from the other beasts.

The other beasts that are here would love to get the grimy hands all over her. But I'm not going to let that happen. She's too pure. I can sense it.

She couldn't see them, but I can.

Every time one got close to her, I killed it I had a good rhythm going on that is until she turned around. She looks at me curiously her eyes wandering from my bright red eyes to the blood dripping from my lips. Down my withered shirt and skirt. To the rips in my socks and mud-covered boots. Then her sweet green eye met my deep red ones again.

I saw no fear in them.

Normally people are scared of me. But why isn't she?

"so, you're the one who protects me from the monsters" I remained calm and nodded. She gave an innocent smile and motioned for me to follow. So, I did. We ended up at my locked room. I felt very confused. She looked up at me smiling and said in a honeyed voice "can we share this room, then we can be together more." I nodded hesitantly and unlocked the door. She stepped int the room and smiled.

Compared to my appearance I kept this room neat and tidy.

She fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

I stared at the sleeping girl.

Maybe humans aren't that bad after all.