Chapter 1 (Rewritten)

Miyu sat in her seat as her classmates filtered out of the room, giggles and laughter following after them. Once the last person had left the room she stood, stuffing her notes into her bag with the three pens she owned, all of which she'd nicked from teachers and other classmates. Not like they noticed so it wasn't too big of a deal. Zipping up the rucksack, she swung it over one shoulder, slipping her arm through the other strap. She stepped up to the closest door, popping her head out to examine the halls. No one was there. Miyu sighed, stepping out of the classroom and walking towards the back doors.

"If it isn't the drowned rat." she winced at the voice, picking up her pace to the back door.

"Hey. Don't ignore me." Ronshaku yelled, heels clacking against the floor. Miyu stepped into a sprint, slamming her shoulder against the door to push it open. It hurt but a bruise beat getting her head dunked in the toilet again. She skidded across the concrete and turned, running along the path. The voices were quiet but that could never be trusted. She looked over her shoulder to see if anyone was following her. Instead she ran right into something, falling backwards and hitting the ground with a heavy force. She hissed when her leg, arm and hand scraped against the stone.

"Watch where you're going." someone hissed above her. Miyu opened her eyes, not realising she'd even closed them in the first place and looked. Her heart dropped down to her stomach. Shidesu was towering over her, a scowl set in her features as she looked down at her. Miyu gulped, legs trembling as she tucked them close to her body. No matter how hard she tried, no words were forming on her tongue.

"What is with you? You got no tongue or somethin'?" Shidesu's gaze flicked over her.

"Finally. You should stop run- Oh Shidesu." Ronshaku was now behind her although she'd stopped walking upon seeing Shidesu.

"Is this some kind of game you rich bitches like to play." Shidesu huffed, crossing her arms. Miyu was trapped and it was now a choice if she wanted to put her fate in someone who could beat her to a pulp or someone who could drown her in the fountain. Her head flicked between the two of them, hair hitting against her cheeks as she did.

"What? No. That thing is nowhere near my level." Ronshaku huffed, flicking her hand towards Miyu. Shidesu raised a brow and looked down to her. Miyu ducked her head down, wrapping her arms around herself in some vain attempt at comfort.

"Well then if that's the case, get out of here. This isn't your spot." Shidesu took a step forward, shoe just shy of touching Miyu's leg. Ronshaku took a step back, pulling her phone out.

"If you hit me then I'm calling the police." she swung her phone around.

"Try me bitch." Shidesu hissed, her knees bending as she prepared to take a step forward. Ronshaku took another step back before turning and storming off. Miyu watched, blinking a few times. Then she snapped her head to Shidesu, curling in on herself to appear smaller.

"Maybe watch where you're going next time." she huffed before turning on her heel and striding over to the incinerator. Miyu didn't make any move to get up, simply staring after Shidesu for a moment. Once she finally snapped from her trance she got up, hissing when the pain in her leg burned. She should really go home and get that sorted.

****

Miyu put the last plaster on the back of her hand and sighed, leaning back against the cupboard wall. Her dad wasn't home yet and her mum never really bothered her so she would be left alone for now. She pulled her bag onto her mattress, zipping it open and pulling out her cheap, worn sketchbook and a pencil. She flicked the page open to a half full page, pressing pencil to paper. The lines followed behind the pencil, lines growing thicker and darker the more times she ran the pencil over them. She lifted it up, staring at the drawing. She slammed the notebook shut, cheeks flushed. How had she managed to draw Shidesu? Why had she drawn her? She peaked into the sketchbook for a moment then slammed it shut once more. She pushed it aside and lay down on her side, hugging her hands close to her chest. She would sleep on this and it would all be sorted out when she woke up.