Chapter 24

Miyu's pov

I sat in the doctor's office, looking down at my feet. The doctor walked back in with the X-Rays in hand.
"Alright Miss Kaminari. Looks like it's just a broken arm. No permanant damage" he explains, typing some stuff up on his computer. I open my mouth but he cuts in.
"I have no information on your friend. She was taken into the care of someone else" he explains, not facing me. I looked down again. The doctor gets up and begins to put my arm in a cast. The door opens and two people walk in. A man and a woman, both in police officer vests. I don't make eye contact. Instead staring at their feet. The doctor finishes up with a sling and turns to them.
"We'd like to talk to Miss Kaminari" the woman explains. The doctor nods, exiting the room and leaving me alone with the two. The woman moves closer and I flinch away, hiding my face behind my hair.
"Miss Kaminari, we need to talk to you about what happened" she starts in a soft voice. I bunch my skirt in my hands. I was too nervous to speak.
"It's alright. We don't bite" the male assured.
"Aishi.......... She hurt Shidesu...... All Shidsu did was protect me. Same with her friend. He came to help us. Aishi........ She was ready to...... To.... To kill me and Shidesu. Please don't give them into trouble" I mumbled, looking down and trying to stop the tears before they fell.
"Could you give us an account of exactly what happened?" she asked, holding a notebook and pen. I explained everything that I could as she noted it down. When done, she looked back at me, eyes trailing to my good arm. She lifted it up, looking at my arm.
"Do you eat regularly?" she asks, running her fingers over my arm. I shake my head quickly, not sure why she was asking that.
"Miss Kaminari. If you don't mind, I'd like to come with you to your house alongside someone I know. We just need to check something" I froze. Oh no. They were going to tell my parents. I would be in so much trouble. The woman left the room, returning with permission for me to leave. When we left the hospital, I saw another person waiting outside. She turned to us with a smile. She was wearing semi professional clothes. Clearly not a police officer.
"If you'd be so kind as to lead us to your house, that would be great" she insisted. I gulped but got into the police car, providing them with the address to my house. We pulled up and I got out, followed by the two officers and the other person. I walked up to the door and checked if it was locked. It wasn't. I entered the house while one officer knocked on the door to get whoever was home's attention. Mum walked out into the hall, holding a bottle in her hand.
"What do you want?" she demanded, raising the bottle to her lips. I backed up and stood behind one of the officers, legs shaking.
"We had a report from someone about this household and came to investigate" the officer responded, dipping her head slightly. Why was she lying? There was no report.
"Well you can't come in. This is my house" mum objected, glaring at the three of them. The other woman stepped forward.
"I'm sorry ma'am but I have been told that there is some possible signs of child neglect and its my job to find out if this is in fact true" she explains. Mum looked at me and I flinched, looking down at the floor to avoid meeting her gaze. The officer and the other person walked around the house while I stayed at the door with the other officer. He stood against the wall, leaning behind a cabinet like he was hiding from the view of the door.
"What the hell is the door open for? And why are you just standing here like a lost lamb. Move" Dad snapped from behind. I jumped and moved back, duckin down near the officer who put a hand on my shoulder. Dad spotted him.
"Who are you?" dad demanded, glaring at the officer. He said nothing, only kept his posture and looked at dad.
"I'm sorry Mrs Kaminari but I've seen enough. Your daughter will have to be removed from your custody" I heard voices from the living room.
"You can't do that. You have no right to do that"
"ma'am, there are clear signs of neglect and even possible abuse. You are not fit to have your daughter in your care" The three of them walked out. The officer I was next to led me up the stairs.
"Gather your things. Anything you want to keep, bring with you" he instructs, standing in the doorway. I look around, picking up the last couple of things I had in my room since my school bag was in the car. When I had finished, he led me back downstairs and to the car. I sat down in the back, fiddling with my skirt. I had no idea what was going to happen to me now.