Chapter 8: Bee Affection

You spent the next few days trying to calm down from your argument with your father. You know he was right, and you know he just wants what's best for you. But at the same time, your not a little kid anymore. You've gone toe to toe against all kinds of dark and dangerous creatures, and lived to tell about it. But you've never fought against dark wizards. 

Y/n: Well, I've been cramped in this room all this time, might as well get some air.

As your were walking down to the main entrance, you ran into Akko.

Akko: Hey Y/n. Where you going?

Y/n: Just outside. I need some air.

Akko: Well, I'm heading into town to meet Lotte and Sucy. Would you like to come as well?

Y/n: Sure.

You grabbed Firebolt and both you and Akko hopped on and flew through the Leyline. Once through, you set Firebolt down and walked with Akko into town. You met up with the others and got some ice cream. As you were all enjoying your ice cream, Sucy had something interesting to show.

Lotte: So this is...

Akko: A cupid bee?

Sucy: I actually ordered a venomous bee, but they sent me this instead. Anyone who gets stung by it will fall in love with the first person they see.

Y/n: Interesting.

Lotte: Are you going to send it back?

Akko: Since we have it, why don't we let it sting somebody.

Lotte: I don't know.

Sucy: How bout you?

That led to Akko pouting and you and the two others to laugh. Your laughter stopped however when a limo pulled up. Hannah and Barbara stepped out.

Hannah: Wow, would you look who it is.

Akko: What's the dresses for?

Hannah: We just so happened to get special invites to Count Hanbridge's mansion.

Barbara: Andrew Hanbridge just received an award at his prestigious academy. So they're having a party to celebrate.

Just then Diana came out of the limo. And she looked absolutely beautiful. In fact, you couldn't stop looking at her. When she turned to look at you, you could have sworn you saw a small smile and blush appear.

Akko: You're going too Diana?

Barbara: Of course she is.

Hannah: Diana comes from a noble family as well, so naturally they invited her as well. Their families have a long history.

Diana: I'd rather not go. Going to such a trivial event is going to cut into my study time. As well as our tutoring sessions. If we arrive early, maybe we won't have to stay as long.

As Diana got back into the limo, Barbara and Hannah walked up to Akko.

Barbara: Your jealous aren't you?

Hannah: Too bad you weren't invited.

Hannah and Barbara: Losers can't go to parties~

Hannah: The Count only invites people of high class.

Barbara: And with how dirty your face is, even if you weren't a noble you still wouldn't be invited.

The two laughed as they got back into the limo and drove off. 

Akko: Why'd they have to rub it in?!

Y/n: Akko, calm down.

Akko: But doesn't it make you mad? Lotte? Sucy?